Question about cothing.

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
nettelblad
Newbee
Newbee

Question about cothing.

Post by nettelblad » 22 Oct 2013, 20:36

Hello, never been at Berget before and I don't even know whether I ask in the right forum section (but it seems people prefer to ask here).

So, me and a couple of friends are planning to go for Berget 12 but one thing we can't figure out is the clothing part- We've spoken to a few other previous participants from Berget-events and their stories doesn't add up.
Some of them say that you're allowed to wear whatever you want except for Ghillie suites in other teams than GTC. I've read the rules and every team has a line such as "No black berret, no M90" etc, but some say this is a recommendation and some say this is strict.

So could someone clarify this?

Oh and also, I'm planning on buying a SAR10 Co2, but I was told that you want a precision barrel for it which will increase the travel speed to about 250m/s = not allowed anywhere basically. I'll browse through the weapons forum after I've posted this, but if someone could help me out to get a good sniper (similar looking to m24 would be really nice!) I'd greatly appreciate it!

Where do you guys buy your weapons and gear from? (I'm from Sweden)

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Re: Question about cothing.

Post by JudgementDay » 22 Oct 2013, 21:24

This year, GCT units and PMC Infantry are the only ones allowed to wear Ghillie suits (although I only just noticed that the Ghillie suit isn't explicitly forbidden for Blood Ravens and Al-Kazzar?).

The camo rules are rules, not suggestions. Especially the part where it says "that and that camo/clothing is forbidden".
Therefore, if you want to join a faction, you should have the right camo.

However, the armband colour is what sets the different factions apart, so GMs will usually comment, but not punish it if your uniform doesn't fit exactly. Running around like an Al-Kazzarian when you're supposed to be Orlov's Mechanized is still a no-go, of course; common sense is advised.
Been here since B08... :)

Losolos
Major
Major

Post by Losolos » 23 Oct 2013, 12:31

Orlov`s Mech and Al Kazzar Uniform can look exactly the same way ;)

But the yellow and grey Armband will show what side they play .. Note they are both Warband units !

Shemag and Balaclava can be used by Orlov and Al Kazzar must use it ;)
B5-B17 on duty
B18 yellow Crow

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 23 Oct 2013, 13:37

Damn. Bad example. Which is disturbing, considering that they "have a long history of rivalry with Yuri Orlovs Mercenaries"...

Then take Al-Kazzar and... GCT Recon! Take that, you notorious loophole-finder! :P
Been here since B08... :)

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 23 Oct 2013, 16:57

In short:

The information about outfit = RULE
The information about Weapons = Guidelines

I know that it might seem confusing, but thats how it is.
So, if unit Description says " Small arms, assault rifles " , you can still bring snipers for example.

but if it says Uniform type: OD & Non Digital uniforms (Digital + multicam + m90 + civilian Desert & black beret forbidden) , then you can use Anything except Digital, Multicam, m90, desert, black beret...

I do, STRONGLY, Suggest that you dont go as a Sniper on your first berget game.
The terrain is NOT friendly to snipers, at all ( when it comes to shooting, the hiding is excellent :) ) , and it is EXTREMELY exhausting terrain, berget 11 we had one guy who 'dropped out' on the first day, and 2 on the second.
If you want to be stupid as me and do it anyway, remember that you need atleast Class 6, which can easily be fixed, but unless you spend quite a bit of money on your weapon, it wont be useful at berget games. You need to shoot Accurate, not only hard and long :)

Hope this information helps a bit :)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

nettelblad
Newbee
Newbee

Post by nettelblad » 23 Oct 2013, 18:08

Arradin wrote:In short:

The information about outfit = RULE
The information about Weapons = Guidelines

I know that it might seem confusing, but thats how it is.
So, if unit Description says " Small arms, assault rifles " , you can still bring snipers for example.

but if it says Uniform type: OD & Non Digital uniforms (Digital + multicam + m90 + civilian Desert & black beret forbidden) , then you can use Anything except Digital, Multicam, m90, desert, black beret...

I do, STRONGLY, Suggest that you dont go as a Sniper on your first berget game.
The terrain is NOT friendly to snipers, at all ( when it comes to shooting, the hiding is excellent :) ) , and it is EXTREMELY exhausting terrain, berget 11 we had one guy who 'dropped out' on the first day, and 2 on the second.
If you want to be stupid as me and do it anyway, remember that you need atleast Class 6, which can easily be fixed, but unless you spend quite a bit of money on your weapon, it wont be useful at berget games. You need to shoot Accurate, not only hard and long :)

Hope this information helps a bit :)
Some great info there, thanks a lot! (That goes for everyone!)

Anyhow, it's mainly my friend who's trying to force me into going sniper with him- I personally would "prefer" to just go infantry with a nice M16 but I'm pretty much up for both parts haha!

I'll look into the outfit a bit then so I don't get thrown out, but I was thinking something a bit casual along with a brittish military jacket, scarf and a hat.

Whilst we're on it, would anyone care to explain or refer me to a page regarding how squads work? My friend told me that we could form our own squad, consisting of about 6-10 people and have a lot of "freedom" to do whatever we wish as long as the rules are followed ofc. Sounds a bit to good to be true so if someone could clarify this for me I'd be very grateful!

Thanks a lot for the information I've received so far!

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 23 Oct 2013, 19:00

nettelblad wrote:
Whilst we're on it, would anyone care to explain or refer me to a page regarding how squads work? My friend told me that we could form our own squad, consisting of about 6-10 people and have a lot of "freedom" to do whatever we wish as long as the rules are followed ofc. Sounds a bit to good to be true so if someone could clarify this for me I'd be very grateful!

Thanks a lot for the information I've received so far!
How squads work are up to the commander of your team.

You can REQUEST to play in a squad of friends, and it will almost always happen. Going about 'doing your own thing' seem to be acually frowned upon quite a bit... Remember, you are part of something bigger.. So if you are a group, you are apart of a squad that is a part of company... etc etc, you get the idea. And your commander will always have stuff they need YOU to do, but then how YOU do it may or may not be up to you...
But generally i would say NO, going around doing " your own thing " is not going to work in the major teams. Maybe if you are a group of civilians ;)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

nettelblad
Newbee
Newbee

Post by nettelblad » 23 Oct 2013, 19:34

Arradin wrote:How squads work are up to the commander of your team.

You can REQUEST to play in a squad of friends, and it will almost always happen. Going about 'doing your own thing' seem to be acually frowned upon quite a bit... Remember, you are part of something bigger.. So if you are a group, you are apart of a squad that is a part of company... etc etc, you get the idea. And your commander will always have stuff they need YOU to do, but then how YOU do it may or may not be up to you...
But generally i would say NO, going around doing " your own thing " is not going to work in the major teams. Maybe if you are a group of civilians ;)
Alright, well what we basically want to do is wander around in the forest and ambushing people- but yes, we're not a bunch of naive kids so we're well aware of the fact that we have to play by the rules and that real fun is the point where the boredom breaks.

Which team would you suggest that we join? I hate to say this, but GCT is not an option since we want to be more of a guerrilla kind of squad, e.g we don't want to be extremely structured if you catch my drift.

Please, don't make the conclusion that we're a bunch of "WE WANT SQUAD DEATHMATCH, WHAT IS THIS?!"-guys, but we really do want to have a bit of freedom to roam around and feel like we accomplish our own missions apart from taking orders only.

I know this might sound a bit fuzzy hehe..

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 23 Oct 2013, 20:25

Going around ambushing people as civilians will just ruin the game for actual civilians. And sometimes maybe following orders and other times doing what you want is not going to get you any friends in the big teams. Should give it another thought wether the event is something you are ready for. You cant have everything you want cause there are... well almost 2000 other players Berget has to cater to.
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17