Game off time during nights!

Topics and things concerning this game and your experience and memories.

How did you think this 6 hour game off worked out?

Very good with 6 hours! Keep it to Berget 7
69%
No game off during nights
20%
One or two hours more would be good in a 4 day game.
11%

Total votes: 183

Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Game off time during nights!

Post by Berget-events » 30 Jun 2008, 20:31

How did you think this 6 hour game off worked out?
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

SwedeX
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by SwedeX » 30 Jun 2008, 20:41

Some days you could have had more hours off-game, and perhaps some things happening in safe-zone during that, and some days perhaps put of-game during the day when the temperature is pretty hot sometimes. Overall i think it worked our well...

soljarka
Corporal
Corporal

Post by soljarka » 30 Jun 2008, 20:49

Let us make the whole game a one big game-off. Because some people don`t wear their safety glasses even outside the game-off period and don't recieve any punishment.

STUNTMAN
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by STUNTMAN » 30 Jun 2008, 20:51

I liked a lot this kind of sistem... keep it to B7!!!

STUNTMAN
BERGET VETERAN:

B5 - Allied Forces - Mech Brigd Echo Coy.
B6 - Nato Forces - Mech Brigd Foxtrot Coy
B7 - Nato Forces - Foxtrot Coy.
B8 - NAF 23rd - Foxtrot Coy
B9 - NAF 6th -Foxtrot Coy
B11 - GCT Taskforce SIDU - Foxtrot Coy

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 30 Jun 2008, 21:00

Yes, do so, my lazy ass is getting old and i need my sleep.. :P

There were a lot less dead-tired short-fuse mofos this year.. 8)
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

McCloud
Newbee
Newbee

Post by McCloud » 30 Jun 2008, 21:18

I liked the system, I think that there would be a point to take off the Off Game time only in the fall/winter, so that there would actually be a night part of the game, in the summer, playing in the light and in the cold made no sense...

Baron
Captain
Captain

Post by Baron » 30 Jun 2008, 21:22

keep :)
B15: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B14: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B13: Commander (GCT Mech)
B12: Platoon Commander (UniSec Mech)
B11: Medic (GCT)
B10: Medic (PSYOPS)
B9: Medic (UN)
B8: Medic (PSYOPS) - Civilian Medic
B7: Medic (Nato)
B6: Medic (United Nations)
B5: Medic (Swedish Forces)

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 30 Jun 2008, 22:15

Excellent concept. Keep.

Reason:
We are after all airsofters and not always trained physically for 6+ hours marches to find a ghost mortar and a bottle of virus antidote supposedly hidden under a camoflage netting that never was put there before we arrived... ;-)
Motörhead, SBA, Norway
B6: NATO, Oscar COY, 3rd PLT, 3rd squad
B7: NATO S6 - smoke signal operator
B8: Pol. 3rd Mount. S6/Liaison - ditto
B9: Pol. 3rd Mount. Com dude - ditto
B10: On leave
B11: Hot Dog

nbIBACuK
Private
Private

Post by nbIBACuK » 30 Jun 2008, 22:36

Guys, if you have problems with sleeping - go to safe zone and sleep there.

Picazzo
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Picazzo » 30 Jun 2008, 22:41

most dont have problems sleeping ^^ but i recon the game would have even more pissed off ppl that have eaten to little, drinken to little or had to little sleep... game off in camps between 03-09 gives the game a bit better mood on some players that cant adjust that themselves....

i slept 3 hrs/night wednsday-saturday exept for one night and had no issues with it until one night when i shortfused and went to bed earlier to calm down :P

whiskey
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by whiskey » 30 Jun 2008, 22:41

nbIBACuK wrote:Guys, if you have problems with sleeping - go to safe zone and sleep there.
pivasik, not a good idea. You know why? If the people sleep somewhere else than their in-game base, this creates big problems for the commanding officers. They need to know who is there, who is not, who is sleeping, and who forgot to set up their alarm clock. And trust me, they have enough of their own problems, so there is no need to burden them with the extra logistics... just my 2 kopejki...

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 30 Jun 2008, 23:11

nbIBACuK wrote:Guys, if you have problems with sleeping - go to safe zone and sleep there.
As mentioned; not a good idea. This is milsim, but no chain is stronger than the weakest link. Most airsoft players have little or no experience in such multi-day events and risk dehydration and increased risks of too little sleep and recovery after for them exhausting multi-hour operations.

Last Berget 5 had many collapses and one fatal incident and we must always remember that this is an RPG - role play - not real mil service stuff or hard-routine soldiers "eating ants for breakfast and chomping woodsticks for lunch". Pun intended. Elitism is not a good thing unless the players are qualified through selection. Airsofters are mostly ordinary people having milsim fun. And should respectfully be treated thereafter.

The majority of airsofters only do one-day events during weekends and are not always capable of handling long terrain marches an long missions over several days. They need training and multi-day events over a period of time to perform and learn the basics.

Personally I was amazed at how many players only had a flask of soda or mineral-water in one pocket versus camelpak-luggers being more prepared. That and the mental and physical diversity among players in how to handle field routines is a factor any responsible event-makers must consider as obligatory risk-management.

Dehydrated and not well-recovered, untrained airsofters must be treated with respect for their capabilities to perform realistically in the field.
Under-slept and cranky people tend to fall off cliffs and do other mistakes that can be avoided and reduce gameplay quality. Such risks are not needed and should be for real military and trained hikers etc.

Game-off 03 to 09 is better for safety and to keep game casualties down in my opinion.
Last edited by motorhead on 01 Jul 2008, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway

nbIBACuK
Private
Private

Post by nbIBACuK » 30 Jun 2008, 23:16

So, to stop game for 6 hrs, mean to stop game for at least 10 or 12 hrs.

2 hrs before game-off is impossible to make huge attack on the enemy base - it can take to long time and people will in most interesting moment: "game off". We have same situation during B5, while on enemy base was game off for few hrs to give `em rest.

and few hrs will be needed to make all people wake up, take clean them self and put on all equipment.

So half of the game will be "off game".

а это мои 2 копейки ,)

motorhead
Captain
Captain

Post by motorhead » 30 Jun 2008, 23:33

nbIBACuK wrote:So, to stop game for 6 hrs, mean to stop game for at least 10 or 12 hrs.

2 hrs before game-off is impossible to make huge attack on the enemy base - it can take to long time and people will in most interesting moment: "game off". We have same situation during B5, while on enemy base was game off for few hrs to give `em rest.

and few hrs will be needed to make all people wake up, take clean them self and put on all equipment.

So half of the game will be "off game".

а это мои 2 копейки ,)
In military and tactical terms you are right - but that would mean these mil-dressed civilian airsoft-people should sleep with eye-protection in their tents and have 24h alert service in their sleeping bags. Which most of them are not qualified for.
That's the reality of airsoft.

24h service & night -ops is a thing for specially trained and motivated people. If that's what's desired one should seriously consider to enlist for real military duty - which this milsim-game is not.

But you make a good point tactically.
Last edited by motorhead on 01 Jul 2008, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
Motörhead, SBA, Norway

nbIBACuK
Private
Private

Post by nbIBACuK » 30 Jun 2008, 23:38

So, if it is possible to add rule, that attack starter before 3am can be continued after game off time, but with out re-spawns - it will be better.