questions about traveling in scandinavia

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
Ice-man
Newbee
Newbee

questions about traveling in scandinavia

Post by Ice-man » 17 May 2009, 02:27

Hello,
Im hopeing to travel from the United states to Finland. My wife is from finland and i figure if we are going to travel there why not play some airsoft while im there. I don't know anyone personally in finland that plays airsoft and therefore have a few questions for finnish players.
My question's are as follows
What kinda of restrictions will i have to deal with in sweden and finland as far as orange muzzle, fps rules, and saftey gear?
Is it hard to transport my aeg's and gbb's across the border's there?
If its a big trouble to transport them i might just order new guns to use while im visiting then ship them home.
Where are good places to play around lahti finland?
Allso i plan to schedule my trip to attend the next berget op.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 17 May 2009, 18:15

Hello Ice-man! I can help you with the regulations in Sweden. No need for an orange muzzle but it's probably not bad if you have. To transport your guns from Finland to Sweden probably shouldn't be any problems as well. The rules in Finland I do not know about so I better leave that for the finnish airsofters to answer. But I hope this little text helped you a bit on the way.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells like... Victory!

B7: NATO BRAVO Coy, 3rd platoon

Touko
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Touko » 17 May 2009, 21:18

Dunno about bringing replica guns / BB:s on a flight. In all propability they will be kept either in the cargo hold or in some safe locker. Thats between you and your choice of air travel and possibly some anti-terrorism air travel security measures, as far as I know.

As to your other questions:

-Muzzles: No orange muzzles needed. You still have to keep the gun hidden in public though, otherwise you may attract some unwanted police attention. Common sense needed.

-Safety gear: Safe eye protection mandatory. May usually be of any type capable of withstanding BB hits. Some games limit mask types of younger players, that's all.

-FPS rules are commonly as follows: 1,6J for auto, 2,2J for semi-auto, 3J for bolt-action. Some exceptions are, and also some game groups may allow a bit more power. Safety distances are usually in use for more powerful weapons, but they don't come into play with 1,6J guns (or maybe 10m, depends on the group)

-Airsoft in or around Lahti: No idea, someone else hopefully will fill in on this.
B7 - SRP / Tiger Coy / "Hammer" Plt / 2nd Sqd
B8 - Poldavian 1st Inf Batt / 1st Coy / 3rd "Hammer" Plt Ldr
B9 - The Firm / Zanzian Black Ops "N02"
B10 - Zansia / 2nd Coy / Echo Plt Ldr E9

Jojis
Private
Private

Post by Jojis » 20 May 2009, 12:45

Touko explained the rules in Finland.

There is an airsoft association in Lahti called Lahti Airsoft RY so there should be lots of games to attend. More info http://lahtiairsoft.net/
Unfortunately I didn't find an email-address there but I think your wife can help, they got a discussionboard.

Finland has lots of airsoft- and gearstores if you need anything, shipping from china etc. isn't a problem either. But we don't have any good laws about the game, age-limits etc., so there are hordes of little kids in most games too...

No limits in carrying airsoft guns from Finland to Sweden if you are travelling on a ferry (the best solution). They are toys after all, but just keep 'em where no-one can see them and there will be no questions.

You can take airsoftguns for a flight but they will be handled like real guns, so you have to tell about them at check-in, and your bag will then get a firearm-tag. All guns and replicas will be placed in the cargoroom so no-one can get to them during the flight.

Ice-man
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Ice-man » 31 May 2009, 20:27

Thank you all for your help and advice. I look forward to traveling to finland and sweden to play airsoft with you all. If anyone lives in or around lahti it would be great to meet and have a freind to show me around the airsoft scene and which fields are good. I'll be staying in finland for a couple months. Id like to play at least twice a week while in there.
thanks again

whiskey
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by whiskey » 01 Jun 2009, 14:37

dude, Scandinavia is very dangerous, and Sweden is utter hell! Check this out to get the idea:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index ... m-syndrome

Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 02 Jun 2009, 03:28

Hahaha. Yes Sweden is terrible. You should visit Norway, we serve pancakes ;)
Strand

"A suspicious mind is a healthy mind"
"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Berget 7 - NATO, OSCAR 1, DELTA (5)
Berget 9 - Pol. 3rd Montaineers, Recon, 5-2

Shooter
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shooter » 02 Jun 2009, 06:45

and trolls :P
I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells like... Victory!

B7: NATO BRAVO Coy, 3rd platoon

Ice-man
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Ice-man » 06 Jun 2009, 21:38

oH NOES!! guess when I come to sweden I'll have to comfort some poor swedish girls and pelt some poor swedish boys with my bb's. :lol:

I think I'll buy my aeg's when im there i don't want my G&P custom's to get stolen in transport. Do they sell G&P's locally at any shope around lahti? I mainly use armalites. thanks

Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 07 Jun 2009, 17:45

Airports in Norway and Sweden are very strict, you should not have any problem bringing your own AEG.
After all, we are not some 3rd world country. You lugagge should be safe as long as you fly with f.eks. SAS. As some airplane companys dont have their own ground crew.
(Your luggage dont get stolen in this cases, it will only skip a plane or two if you are unlucky.
Strand

Gripenblau
Corporal
Corporal

Re: questions about traveling in scandinavia

Post by Gripenblau » 09 Jun 2009, 14:20

Ice-man wrote:What kinda of restrictions will i have to deal with in sweden and finland as far as orange muzzle, fps rules, and saftey gear?
Is it hard to transport my aeg's and gbb's across the border's there?
If its a big trouble to transport them i might just order new guns to use while im visiting then ship them home.
Thanks in advance for you help.
Sweden

You can get a problems with GBB In customs if you are unlucky
Regards Roger Linsefors

sorry för bad einglish!

Berget 7 Milo?s Tigers
Berget 9 jarico civi

skarpskyttar
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by skarpskyttar » 09 Jun 2009, 23:50

I don't think so...? some norwegian players I know checked with the customs and airsoft guns was just as normal to bring into sweden as a badmington thingy. it goes under the category sport

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 10 Jun 2009, 10:00

I disagree, gas operated ones may end up at the criminal technical institute if you encounter the wrong customs clerk.. 30-60 days.
If the clerk can´t verify it as a "low power weapon" he is obligatet to send it to inspection. (Incompetence locally, they don´t all have technical weapons training.)
Airsoft weapons fall under the general wepons act, allthough its rarely practised.
Remember that magazines, propellants and batteries must be kept separately during transport. (It is illegal to transport loaded weapons be they "low power" or not...)
It has not yet been tried in court to my knowledge, but you propably don´t want to be the precedent...
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

Talisman
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Talisman » 10 Jun 2009, 15:38

To work better with customs, Im sending my guns as "Guns". Costs me some extra bucks, but keeps me for paying 5 EURO for each extra kg.
I will also tape all muzzles and bodys with a shiny red tape, to show that they arent real.
Another thing to prevent to have your guns taken away from customs, bring a note about berget and tell them your traveling plan. All customs can be talked into some sence.
Strand

conger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by conger » 10 Jun 2009, 17:02

Advise from Austrian Airlines regarding transport of my airsofts included bringing the manual from the box if available and / or a note about the event being attended by way of explanation.

Hope I see you all their with you pride and joys!

Conger Out
B7 NATO Foxtrott 2:2 Squad Leader
Keep it slow and silent but when in contact, loud and violent!