Thanks!

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 7.
Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 01 Jul 2009, 10:35

First of all my thanks are going to BE and all participants of the event for making it a great game.
Thank you Milo´s Tigers of being a great and super crew. Specially freno, Gimli, robman and my staffofficers. I am proud of you ! Last but not least, my very special thanks go to the girls who visited our HQ and gave us a great time. One special mention should go to Natascha, who gave me a cracking massage. I got very upset to hear how you were hurt by some NATO loonies, who switched off their brain when pulling the trigger.
Finally to all those guys who remembered me from before and made me feel happy.
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 01 Jul 2009, 11:22

In a real unit you would have been court-martialled and at best imprisoned for life - let alone the more realistic hard warfare option of put in front of an execution squad.
That was indeed planned. 10 minutes before leaving on our Friday night Op (blowing the mine and then supporting MP's in the city), I was informed by the loyal members of India Coy that rogue elements within India were going to hit the bank. This was immediately reported to HQ and I was instructed to arrest those elements should they make a move for the bank.

During the Op those element were caught trying to defect to Fox Coy but were caught just in time. At that point my personal mandate changed. Loyal elements of India Coy were instructed to shoot down any rogue elements of India as soon as they hit on the bank. I even had undercover members of India mixing with the rogue elements to gather more intel and to be with them one that moment came.

Unfortunately we were in a major contact 500m south of the city when we lost contact with India after they carried out a flanking maneuver in to some woods and lost their platoon commander in the fierce fighting that followed.

The rest of the company had no choice but to slip away under the cover of all the mayhem that was coming from Bashir City.

It was 30 minutes after that when we noticed that our rogue elements that were planning to hit the bank had slipped us and we saw no more of them.

I can only appologise for the actions of a very small group of players from India coy that did not embrace the role of NATO. This should not be allowed to stain the name of India because in the end it is just a game and consequently we (coy commanders) are giving players to place in our unit and we can not force them to do things or punish them for their behaviour. We can only report these things up the chain and that is what was done.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force

Blackwolf
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Thanks

Post by Blackwolf » 01 Jul 2009, 17:57

Hello
I can only appologise for the actions of a very small group of players from India coy that did not embrace the role of NATO. This should not be allowed to stain the name of India because in the end it is just a game and consequently we (coy commanders) are giving players to place in our unit and we can not force them to do things or punish them for their behaviour. We can only report these things up the chain and that is what was done.
Here here Andy

I can only express the same words as Wormbyte as i had the same problem with a small rogue Fox Coy group who went on the same mission without my knowledge.

I had a debriefing afterwards with HQ and Berget Crew about this and those involved where pointed out.

I had one squad taken by Berget Crew wich where on a diferent mission to disarm mines on the North road but where to close to Bashir City so they had nothing to do with what happenned inside Bashir City.

To the people inside Bashir City i can only apologize in the Name of FOXTROT Company and Nato

I hope to see you all next year and with less rogue Players.

Regards
BLACKWOLF
BERGET 5 NATO SQUAD LEADER
BERGET 6 NATO PLATOON LEADER
BERGET 7 NATO COMPANY COMMANDER
BERGET 8 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 9 NAF BATTALION COMMANDER
BERGET 10 NAF ALL THE WAY
MEMBER HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM
PORTUGAL

Laufstahl
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Laufstahl » 01 Jul 2009, 18:03

I agree with "motörhead" and "Tiger_1". The behavior from some of the NATO troops was a big minus. I hope that will not repete it self next year.

legionaire
Private
Private

Post by legionaire » 01 Jul 2009, 18:48

I would like to thank everybody for your fairplay! The ones that were not taking hits (its not only NATO like its been said) i pitty you!!!

Great game, needs a bit more tightning on the organization side!

Comunications were a big problem, for a faction that claims to be more MilSim, most of the time we were discoordinated, and just running around like ants when we could have just crushed our enemy! It was frustrating to witness so many guys that were with serious faces and not just having fun! I call them frustrated military washouts or wannabes!

About the situation on the road to bunker hill: Ian from India company called out "contact from the back" and everybody ran for cover, all the portuguese present there just stood in the midle of the road looking around for the supposed contact but nothing, when Ian stood up from the bushes he said "we are in the midle of a war, why the hell are you guys standing in the middle of the road?" to what I answered "thats because we are bulletproof mo...--- SPAM !!! ---..s!" he said "ah, ok!", I said we were BPMF not because we dont take hits, but because its skirmish and there was nobody shooting at us with range to hit us! And well, call it roleplay! But I dont consider myself common infantry!!! LOL!

Thank you Mr Medic for your hospitality, it was a pleasure to cook for you and your lovely family, much love out to you all!

But all negs aside, count me in next year!!!

Once again, THANKS EVERYBODY!!!

Thank you nivea for being so patient with my stupid jokes, love ya!
H.O.T. OPERATIVE
www.hostileoperationsteam.org
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
WHEN IT'S HOT, IT BURNS!!!

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 01 Jul 2009, 19:07

I would like to citate my Chief.
Ober-Lix wrote:First of all my thanks are going to BE and all participants of the event for making it a great game...
I´m ready to go on next Berget-Event! More i will thank Ober-Lix for making me get up before him every morning, and giving so many good storys by the camp-fire at night!
Thanks ALL other Milo´s Tigers for making this week great for me! Thanks Longsword for being my newest forreign friend. Keep in touch you all!!
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Wastel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Wastel » 01 Jul 2009, 22:53

I almost forgot! Big thanks to some soldiers who had to stand the terrible, problematic, immature "mayor's daughter" at Bashir City. :D Especially the mayor, hope u have recovered, Johan! At the second place (which I was taken to after the Bashir City was attacked by some soldiers) I luckily could be nice to the soldiers again. Thanks for the great patience, I can tell I'm not really that horrible. :D Hope to see you again!
Don't mess with the ÄYRÄPÄÄ
Berget 7 - SRP - Fox 2
Berget 8 - Sixth Mercenaries
Berget 9 - UN

Garga
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Garga » 01 Jul 2009, 22:59

Hmm Ober-Lix ? Off game is not a good way to say "I surender" ;)
JTF - Bulgaria
Berget7 - NATO, Foxtrot company, Fox-4 platoon
Berget8 - NAF 3rd Rangers, Dust Coy, Bravo Platoon

Jonathan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jonathan » 01 Jul 2009, 23:26

hehe, suicide, great role model :P
Berget 7- Nato - Foxtrot Coy - 4th platoon - RO
Berget 8- NAF - 23rd Batalion

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 01 Jul 2009, 23:30

Garga wrote:Hmm Ober-Lix ? Off game is not a good way to say "I surender" ;)
Who said I surrendered ? You must have got something wrong here. :o
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B10 R&R
B11 lets see

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 02 Jul 2009, 10:18

There are so many people who have worked together to make B7 the awesome experience that it was.

I'll just highlight a few.

Lynx: Best battalion commander imaginable. In my eyes you did everything right. If you decide do it again please count me in.

Everyone at ORC HQ ( Mr Ghost, Crazydog, Masya, Alchemic, Whiskey and the ones I never caught the name of because my Russian is non-existent). You did an excellent job! I have never experienced so little friction in the chain of command. From soldier to commander, everything was smooth as silk. When listening to people from other factions, about lack of missions or boring/aborted mission or even getting stuck on guard duty for long periods of time I realize just how lucky we at ORC have been to have you guys. Uncomplicated and straightforward orders combined with continuous updates on the latest intel... What more could one ask for? Great job!

All the guys in my company: It has been a pleasure and an honor to play with you. You fight hard and well, and your spirit and attitude is just unbeatable. Not once did I hear you grumble about anything that wasn't fully justified. You most certainly made my job a lot easier. I really hope that I will have the good fortune to fight with you again.

Weekend_Worker, my XO: Outstanding. If you hadn't been there a lot of people would have had a much less enjoyable B7. You did really good. Thank you.

Berget Crew: Thank you for the vast improvements over B6, both in terms of base facilities, overall layout of the game and last not but most certainly least for all the fun missions you put together for us. Next year we want more of everything!
:wink:

Everyone else: The role playing element this year was much more dominant that last year, making interaction with a lot more player possible, Thank you one and all for fighting against or together with us. Quite often both within 24 h.

See you all at Berget 8!
Last edited by MrMedic on 02 Jul 2009, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

HORNET
Corporal
Corporal

Post by HORNET » 02 Jul 2009, 15:54

Ober-Lix wrote:
That was an interesting moment!
Ober-Lix, who shot you during the NATO attack on Milos Tigers base?
Berget- 6 NATO / Fox Coy / Fox-4 Squad Leader
Berget- 7 NATO / Fox Coy / Fox-4 Platoon Leader
Berget- 8 NAF23 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander
Berget- 9 NAF6 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander
Berget-10 NAF23 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander

Jonathan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jonathan » 02 Jul 2009, 16:14

self nife kill :P
Berget 7- Nato - Foxtrot Coy - 4th platoon - RO
Berget 8- NAF - 23rd Batalion

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 02 Jul 2009, 17:23

HORNET wrote:
Ober-Lix wrote:
That was an interesting moment!
Ober-Lix, who shot you during the NATO attack on Milos Tigers base?
I got shot in the back ! After I killed two of you NATO guys. :D
Hey, I thought it was great fun, even though I got shot ! :)

Just imagine how heroic you NATO guys were with overrunning 8 Milo´s with over approx. 200 of you. All of our guys were in the field. Still I enjoyed meeting old friends again. 8)
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B10 R&R
B11 lets see

HORNET
Corporal
Corporal

Post by HORNET » 02 Jul 2009, 17:37

Ober-Lix wrote: I got shot in the back ! After I killed two of you NATO guys. :D
That is really strange but theoretically possible. I was in the first line of the attack and the first time I saw you, you were already with the orange ''wounded'' flag in your hands. When I send my medic to cure you, you declared that you had already bled out and a ''of game status''! Wow that 10 minutes seemed more like 3 minutes.
What I think you did not wanted to be arrested and interrogated. We expected from you a bit more of role play and fun.
We would never treat you without respect even within the role play.
After all it is just a game, that has to leave us with memorable and interesting stories to tell about.
Berget- 6 NATO / Fox Coy / Fox-4 Squad Leader
Berget- 7 NATO / Fox Coy / Fox-4 Platoon Leader
Berget- 8 NAF23 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander
Berget- 9 NAF6 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander
Berget-10 NAF23 / Fox Coy / Coy Commander