facilities, rest and game area

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
Colin23451
Corporal
Corporal

facilities, rest and game area

Post by Colin23451 » 25 Aug 2009, 03:12

Another question I have is how often do you get rest. I mean i know there is a deticated time from 0300 to 0900 but that can't be all. 6 hours a night would be a little hard for a week. Also I know they have showers and toilets in the safe area but how often might one get the oppertunity to use them? Also how large exactly is the game area, i mean how far can you be from the safe zone at any one time. Thanks
Last edited by Colin23451 on 25 Aug 2009, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Re: facilities, rest and game area

Post by freno » 25 Aug 2009, 07:35

If you don´t want to get dirty and wet and need more than 6h sleep, stay at home!!! :P
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 25 Aug 2009, 07:56

I had been wondering with ROTC program you were a part of, but now I am pretty sure it must be the airforce ;)

- At B7 every base had toilets.
- At B6 and B7 NATO had showers (mostly cold)
- The game area is in the region on 10sq km (it does not sound big, but wait till you have to move from one side to the other)
- I guess you could easily be about an hours walk away from the safezone at any one point.

Once in game it would be rare that you really need to go to the safezone, at least from the NATO point of view.
B4 >>> B17
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Colin23451
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Colin23451 » 25 Aug 2009, 08:22

No Army actually sir, but i was just wondering also do the tents at base have cots or not I know we need our own sleeping bags but I was just curious about the facilites, and it's a proven medical fact that adults need a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a night and teens need 9-10. I can do with less but I think it makes everyone iratable and less effective. I also don't mind getting dirty but I would like to get clean on occasion. I also find you comments disrespectful and only kjsaw was helpful. I've never been so I asked questions, I would like to think I would be a little more respectful if I was in you posistions. One more question what is the average high temp during the day over there?

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 25 Aug 2009, 09:09

No cots provided, no cots allowed; While the tents provided are big enough for a few cots, the tents were not designed with them in mind, sleeping mats are what is used.

Temp varies wildly, I have been freezing at berget (B5), and boiling at berget (b7). At this years game it would have been much more comfortable sleeping outside.

With regards to the 8 hours (or more), if you want it, you will get it, no one can force a player to wake up and join the game.
B4 >>> B17

Cpt
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Cpt » 25 Aug 2009, 09:36

With discipline and strong leadership you can! :wink:
B5 - Soviet Private
B6 - Squadleader Dog 4 SRP
B7 - Platoonleader Dog 4 SRP
B8 - Platoonleader NAF 23rd
B9 - Company CO Fox Dingo, 6th NAF
B10 - CO Fox Dingo, 23rd NAF.

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 25 Aug 2009, 10:25

Cpt wrote:With discipline and strong leadership you can! :wink:
Sure the SRP can, because they are all supermen ;) I seriously love the way the Finnish side works and the mentality with which they approach the game.
B4 >>> B17

Colin23451
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Colin23451 » 25 Aug 2009, 11:37

hey thanks all I needed to know, I figured it was mats, I was just wondering. I can opperate with no sleep, I'm just grumpy. Infact on my FTX we only got 4 hours to sleep, after a 18 hour day of very hard work but the problem was it was so cold and my sleeping bag wasn't big enough for me. So I was shivering all night, as were most people. So I really just closed my eyes. they had heaters but they were new anduntested, the only people who felt semi warm were the people who could put there legs on them. We couldn't even turn them up all the way because it would blow a socket. We all had to do fire watch witch BS because if there was a fire at least it would have been warm. It's funny now, wasn't then. So trust me, I can not only take it but I can still dish it out. I'm no wimp, I was trying to gather inteligence to know what to expect. I do appreciate your finding time Commander/General/Sir to answer my questions but as I have learned questions just can't be stupid unless the person asking was there when you had allready given an answer. And finally although again I suspect the answer is no does anybody do or have any sort of facilities to do any kind of laundry. Again Thanks

Colin23451
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Colin23451 » 25 Aug 2009, 12:01

P.S. I just realized that most of my questions were answered under the veterans area, well that makes me an idiot sorry and again thanks.

Tiger_1
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Tiger_1 » 25 Aug 2009, 13:29

Just a quick comment here. I know some people think that the majority of people that play airsoft dont really know anything about the military. And this might be true in some countries and for some age groups.
Berget as an event has a LOT of players from Sweden, Finland, Norway, and other countries that all have some form of National service. And even if the nr that now serve is smaller then 15 years ago, very many players have been in the armed forces in some form or other. Also, some of the players have a LARGE amount of military experience from operations in several warzones. There is ofcourse nothing wrong with you wanting to share Colin, but the reason some people "make fun" is becouse you are far from the first to come onto a airsoft website, and belive (or be seen as beliving) that you have "real" experince, and the rest of us are just playing a game with little or no clue.
Dont take this the wrong way, but read, learn and you might be supprised at the level of play when you come to join us next year :)
"go to your God like a soldier!"

Colin23451
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Colin23451 » 25 Aug 2009, 23:45

I never said i had real combat experience but I do know something of disapline, thats all and I do see some people making simple mistakes and I was simply sharing ways of possibly minimizing them. Thanks.

Zoidberg
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zoidberg » 27 Aug 2009, 05:48

Tiger_1 wrote:J
Berget as an event has a LOT of players from Sweden, Finland, Norway, and other countries that all have some form of National service.
Don't forget Denmark 8)
Aksel Schmidt

B7: Yori Orlovs Mercs 2, 2
B8: NAF 23th, FOX 5
B9: UN MP
B10: Poldavian Psy-ops
B11:
B12:
B13: Ikaros Hades
B14: Upir psy-ops
B15: Upir Lawyer
B16: NAF SIU
B17: TFC MP

timpa
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by timpa » 28 Sep 2009, 02:45

Danes rule!
Berget-Events webmaster and tech support.

vardemis
Major
Major

Post by vardemis » 28 Sep 2009, 11:38

an the other French and portiguese lol !!!!

Colin you're like for my first berget don't worry we all are like you when it was our first berget :p

and some have military training experience in national service, others and combat experience whatever there in under country flag or money flag :)

and other not, the first to have in berget is a good sleeping bag, a sleeping mats, and be in good health, the rest is juste caming stuff to make hot food.

and you'll have all the fun you want :p

don't mind grumpy people who make fun of you :p
berget5 Allied
berget6 Conrad's Mercs
berget7 car accident :(
berget8 NAF 3rd ranger
berget9 Money problem
Berget10 : NAF 3rd Ranger : Colossus Zero

Ober-Lix
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Ober-Lix » 29 Sep 2009, 09:52

Colin, as a newbee you need to be reasonably physically fit. Don´t go and start to worry about how will I fit in. Watch, listen and learn from the more experienced, you will easy recognise those guys. Remember you are not staying in a hotel, so organize your own comforts, like a decent sleepingbag etc. What the military manners are concerned, again listen and watch diciplin is very important. With the right attitude you will have a great time.
B6 2nd Bat. CO NATO
B7 Batallion CO Milo´s Tigers
B8 Batallion CO NAF 5th Infantry
B9. Batallion CO NAF 1st Mech
B10 R&R
B11 lets see
War is the continuation of politics by other means. (Klausewitz)