GENERAL FEEDBACK!

Feedback e debriefings from Berget 8.
Baron
Captain
Captain

Post by Baron » 20 Jun 2010, 20:21

- we need the ability to check the ingame IDs in a database to tell who is psyops and who civilian
This is the minus from the Psyops that didn't mention who are psyops members inkognito to their Poldavian brothers and sisters. But I think it worked out quite nice. No Poldavians shoot me anyway and they asked me for proof and I had proof :P they than double checked with their superiors and we got access. Giving out the ticket ID is wrong, since it's not suppose to hinder gameplay from people knowing who are Civilians or Psyops. If the Civilians did the same thing we psyops would've been shoot on sight.
B15: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B14: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B13: Commander (GCT Mech)
B12: Platoon Commander (UniSec Mech)
B11: Medic (GCT)
B10: Medic (PSYOPS)
B9: Medic (UN)
B8: Medic (PSYOPS) - Civilian Medic
B7: Medic (Nato)
B6: Medic (United Nations)
B5: Medic (Swedish Forces)

Tor
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tor » 20 Jun 2010, 21:04

My first event at Berget. I had incredible fun. Soaked feet and clothes
did not matter.

+ Great storyline and intrigues.
+ Helpful Berget personal
+ Fun, fun and did i mention fun

- No electric generator for the civilian camp. One was later on
placed down by the road, but the electric wire vanished some
where into the woods. All civilians where forced to recharged
there batteries down at the safe zone during the whole
event. Very annoying and bad.

- No resistance missions where handed out to the civilians.
We had no props, mines, AT weapons or other stuff that would
have been great for our struggle against the Poldavians.

- No Elder/Spokesman had been assigned for the civilian camp
from the start, which complicated things between NAF and
Civilians. Finally me and another person had to mantle
to role of Elders when NAF needed to find a diplomatic connection
between them and the Civilians.

Hawkeye
Private
Private

Post by Hawkeye » 20 Jun 2010, 21:32

I like to thank all players and Berget Crew for a Great time and good game.

I played for NAF 5th and like to give a Big Thanks to Erik and Henrik our commanders and Supreme commander Ober-Lix.

We fought well and gave Poldavian forces hell all the time on patrols, ambushes etc in the End.

We lost our camp a few hours before game stop.

The Poldavian forces should have greeds for fighting hard as well to and stand as the winner in the end this time.

Hawkeye
Swedish Airsoft team BlueBerryBoys
B5 Swedish Sniperteam
B8 NAF 5th Infantry Batallion Squadleader
B9 NAF 6th Airborne Batallion Squadleader
B10 NAF 23rd Infantry Batallion Squadleader

Toetach
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Toetach » 20 Jun 2010, 21:46

had a great time!

Everything was arranged very well. Unfortunatly we had some troubles back home and the berget crew were a very good support!

I laughed my ... off the second time we got a mortar strike. The guy from berget events drove up with the quad at the crossroads but before he could set off the fireworks everyone vanished.. :)

Besides the fact that our guns were (are still) stuck in Brussels, my first train was late and my second one didn't go at all, a team member's girl had to be hospitalised after a traffic incident, we still had a great time.

thanx guys, all of you!!

Toetach, 3th poldavian mountaineers

diamid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by diamid » 20 Jun 2010, 22:01

Think I remember that... Or an other case almost alike. I was standing at the cross road with my back against Berget-crew. Suddently I heared behind me:

"Can you move please?"

I turned around, just to look straight into the crew, holder a light box. I just thought to myself.

"Crap, Crap, RUN!!!" and started running towards the main NAF force, that was pointing there guns at me. But when they suddently understud what I was screaming they started running too.
diamid
Proud member of 6MM
Email: diamid@6mm.se

B7: SF Sqd Leader - Yuri Orlovs Mercs
B8: CoyLeader - Sixth Mercs
B11: Batalion XO - Raven Guerillia
B13: Commander - IKAROS Minerva Infantry

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 20 Jun 2010, 22:24

Good stuff

+ Excellent roleplaying, rumours and intrigues. The whole random rumours that gradully gave you insight into the whole picture worked very well. Much better than I thought it would. Jessica/rest of Roleplaying crew you did a great job.

+ Much improved communications between commanders and GMHQ. Good work Berget Crew!

+ Great playing area - No offgame zones and overall very challenging and fun terrain

+ Nice props; helicopter, ingame safe, gold bars, cannon, nuclear boxes etc. Good props makes the the fight worth while.

+ Great enemies: I really disliked the PsyOps at gamestart and pretty much loathed them before the game was over. Paranoia was running rampant and everyone was a suspected infiltrator. You guys really had the civ side chasing it's own tail. Good job guys!

+ Sixth Mercs. This was a Triumph. Enough said. You know how I feel.

+ GMHQ's flexibility in the story line based on unplanned ingame events, and the integration of roleplaying into the MilSim. I've never seen it work better. There are things that can be improved but this was the best one yet.

Not so good stuff

- GM's sending civ's to assassinate civs in order to get prisoners for the reds? Come on! We're paranoid enough as it is! Sending in the guys with the yellow-white armbands was in my opinion a mistake.

- Only one set of toilets for both naf 23'd and all of the civilians? How did you figure that one?

- Putting the only Civ respawn on the other side of the greenzone from the civ camp pretty much doubled our respawn time.

Really bad stuff

- Players who aim for the face on purpose even when there are other body parts available to shoot at should IMHO be banned. Play safe or dont play at all. (As opposed to the phrase "If you cant play hardball you shouldn't play at all" that was used to explain why bleeding faceshots aren't a bad thing).
If you want pain go play paintball.

When players a reluctant to go into combat for fear of physical injury due to the repeated transgressions of the safety regulations by opponents something is very wrong.
Last edited by MrMedic on 21 Jun 2010, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
__________________Play Hard - Play Safe - Play Fair__________________
- B6 Merc - B7 Merc - B8 Merc - B9 UN - B10 ZBG - B11 Merc- B12 Merc-
____________________________6mm.se____________________________

Maxx23
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Maxx23 » 20 Jun 2010, 23:59

Maxx23
5th Naf 1st Eagle Company.ITA

Bad organization.
The play area of our Naf field has changed a few days Berget.
Our camp was very defensible,the OLD tent were mounted on a ground down and full of turf, also we had mice in our tents.
The Battalion Commander ,Oberlix, don't have a his tent, and don't even an area to protect the rain or to schedule the game.
Too much difference between the two main areas, our defenseless and the Poldavian surrounded by a net two meters high and strewn bunker.
Tents without waterproofing and bowl in plain rain in a tent.
The crew decided not to assume its responsibilities before leaving the battalion commander is responsible to declare the game off, because of bad weather, only to retract everything and not care that more than 100 people were leaving, instead of remedying lost too soon time, and knew one day would be Friday before the rain came. Was refused because no one wanted to take responsibility for any trouble arising from the danger of the swamps, said the game off for 24 hours. Having also received many requests for compensation, has canceled the game off, organizing games by Death Match, and to play so play at my house ... I'm sorry I write these words, but for me this year Berget was thus, the year Next will not return, and I think many other people.
this is what I think.

Maxx
<b>www.GAMBLERGUNS.IT</b>

Berget : B6 - B7 - B8..and B10

Fenan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Fenan » 21 Jun 2010, 00:30

Pros and cons.

I start with the cons.

I tried to find my feedback thread in the last berget (7) posts, but I think I deleted it in anger due to I thought I was not taken seriously.

My concerns last year was:
* no information that a forums existed (fixed)
* no information about you actually had to create your own armband your self (fixed)
* check in crew knew nothing of what you should do when you was ready in-checked (NOT fixed)

I had no information about base placement. I was first trying to find mountaineers in 1st/Psyops camp, I went there by foot, not aware you were allowed to bring stuff in by your own car. I didn't know that there was an out game placement place for your car close to your in-game base.
The check in guy said to me that I could chrone my weapons if I wanted to do it, but it was no obligation. Later I found out that all weapons were registrated and you got an evidence note to show BE crew if they should ask you about it.

I understand why the check-in guy should not sit on intel that could compromise the base locations and such in-game stuff, but he should be able to know what players actually are supposed to do after check in -and in case the player does not know where the base is - tell them who can!!

Pros

Great game area
More roads!
More SP/TP's
I believe more players took more hits

I will definitely go to a berget 9
B7 - Milos Tigers, Siberia Coy
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers, 4th platoon, alpha squad
B9 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers, 6th platoon, 3rd/4th squad
B13 - Ikaros Infantery, 4th company, 4th "platoon"
B14 - Nordic Alliance Force

Ouveni
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Ouveni » 21 Jun 2010, 00:56

Maxx23, I'm sorry, I really tried but I didn't understand anything you said..

1:
Mechanized infantry? What does that "mechanized" mean? Because I traveled 2 times by car, and the first of them was like 200m. After all, don't the crew drivers get paid for driving those things? Howcome they don't come in an hour if they're asked and they promise to? And I didn't see the tank move once. Someone said it did move, but what, one time?

2:
I'm really disappointed. Even if weather and wussies made it a bit harder to do missions etc, crew is supposed to make sure the game goes on. That's not the job of our commanding officers to arrange battles between NAF and Poldavians by calling to the other officers. (Tho I really appreciate they did that, because otherwise we would have had nothing to do).

3:
I don't care about the rain, I don't care about wet clothes IF I can dry them at nights. I don't expect to have a drying machine but how hard it is to get stoves for tents? (I think Italians don't need them tho, they used our firewood to build a path from tent to tent).

4:
Not the fault of BE crew, but there was way too much people not taking hits. That kind of forces people to raise aim higher (I'm not saying I approve it, merely explaining why). I'm used to players taking hits no matter who, where or why shoots you. If someone doesnt take first hit, I'm just going to shoot until orange. And if I'm gonna have to do that, I sure as hell won't be wasting my ammo on your padded chest.

5:
Dead people don't talk. Dead people shouldn't mess with the game. One awful example from the last battles: Poldavians and NAF were fighting on different sides of an intersection. Suddenly there, in the middle of the firefight and the crossing, there stands a russian dead guy with dead rag on him, taking photos or video. Everyone yells at him "Camera man go away!", and that went on for a while, then some people even tried shooting him on his butt, but NOTHING. No reaction. Thats just outrageous!

But at the end I enjoyed myself. Mostly because of the great spirit we had in Poldavian 1st. Will surely be attending next year, but that'll be the second and the last time if I still feel crew isn't doing enough.

Stig
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Stig » 21 Jun 2010, 01:08

Fenan wrote: I understand why the check-in guy should not sit on intel that could compromise the base locations and such in-game stuff, but he should be able to know what players actually are supposed to do after check in -and in case the player does not know where the base is - tell them who can!!
A crewmember at the entrance showed me the 3rd base on the map after I had shown evidence to be Poldavian.

I felt really bad about using my car to transport the gear though. But what were we supposed to do? The transport system was FUBAR and it would have taken all day to carry all the gear to the other end of the game area.

I largely enjoyed myself, thanks to everyone who participated.
My two requests for next berget would be:

-A working transport system
-A mean for people to dry their stuff, stoves in the tents or even just tarp with wire going under it.

Klab
Private
Private

Post by Klab » 21 Jun 2010, 01:29

Fenan wrote: I had no information about base placement. I was first trying to find mountaineers in 1st/Psyops camp, I went there by foot, not aware you were allowed to bring stuff in by your own car. I didn't know that there was an out game placement place for your car close to your in-game base.
The check in guy said to me that I could chrone my weapons if I wanted to do it, but it was no obligation. Later I found out that all weapons were registrated and you got an evidence note to show BE crew if they should ask you about it.

I understand why the check-in guy should not sit on intel that could compromise the base locations and such in-game stuff, but he should be able to know what players actually are supposed to do after check in -and in case the player does not know where the base is - tell them who can!!
Hahaha.. we had Poldavians driving in our base even wearing armrags before the game.. "we're lost".. hahahaha there was a big sign "poldavian cars only" to the right at a crossroad 700m after the barrier in the safe zone.. of course guys, we trust you you're lost :evil:

Ouveni wrote:Maxx23, I'm sorry, I really tried but I didn't understand anything you said..

1:
Mechanized infantry? What does that "mechanized" mean? Because I traveled 2 times by car, and the first of them was like 200m. After all, don't the crew drivers get paid for driving those things? Howcome they don't come in an hour if they're asked and they promise to? And I didn't see the tank move once. Someone said it did move, but what, one time?

<<< I myself have seen it on Thursday 1200 and another squadmate also saw it ingame..

4:
Not the fault of BE crew, but there was way too much people not taking hits. That kind of forces people to raise aim higher (I'm not saying I approve it, merely explaining why). I'm used to players taking hits no matter who, where or why shoots you. If someone doesnt take first hit, I'm just going to shoot until orange. And if I'm gonna have to do that, I sure as hell won't be wasting my ammo on your padded chest.

<<< Bahhhh.. I really dislike people who shoot me in the face in 25m when I clearly cry "HIT" and raise my gun to the sky..
B8 - NAF 5th Inf Btl Mike (G) Squad

Evilfish
Private
Private

Post by Evilfish » 21 Jun 2010, 01:47

Few thing pissed me off.
1)There were no transportation to the base by berget crew. We asked from the crew member if there is a transportation to the base and he said that we should ask some players for a ride. Well we asked and waited for an hour to find a ride but everybody were full. Finally we found some cool Russian guys that let us stuff our backpacks to the car, but there were still no room for us, so we had to walk. Just before the trip some crew members saw us and told we had to take a different rout. From safezone to the swamps, crossroads, dog point and finally to the mountaineers base. Not a fun thing to do unprepared.

2)shortage of stoves. At least some awesome Norwegian guys had a tend with a stove in it and lend it to others players to use it. Also at the last day when I had a fever and a horrible throat pain they let me stay inside the heated tent.

3)People bitching about the weather. It's your own fault if you do not have the right equipment for the job. Silly person will not prepare for a bad weather in 4 day camp without checking the weather. Also there were a little shortage of firewood and my good mate told me some people were using a firewood to from a road. Thats just wrong.

Otherwise the game was great. Everybody took their hits and naf players were friendly. The game area was great, but didn't get a change to see more than a few tactical and supply points.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 21 Jun 2010, 02:02

I head the tank wasn't used much in-game because our 3rd Pol. QRF blew up some bridges or something, and this really limited where the tank could go.

Also, to use the trucks you needed transport-points.
The 3rd Poldavian side pretty much controlled the supply-points for most of the game, so it's no wonder why you other guys didn't get to ride in the trucks all that often.

Also, in 3rd pol, we did get a few ovens, however, these did NOT fit the old Swedish tents BE had provided.
My team had brought a Norwegian 12-man squad-tent, and one of the ovens did fit in this.
Thus, we let this tent, which was originally our kit-tent and backup sleeping tent if the other one got flooded, become the battalion drying-tent.

Volunteers sat firewatch, this was mostly guys who were wet themselves and wanted to dry up and warm themselves, or people who had wounded their legs and couldn't go on missions.

We also dug ditches around our tents and many of us put up tarpaulins next to or over our tents.

After all, BE had only said they were to provide us with TENTS.
When I saw the forecast, I knew I had to provide for myself to stay dry, and so did most of the players in the 3rd Pol.

We were of course glad that BE provided us with the stoves and some wet firewood that we were luckily able to dry ourselves.

Yes, you DO pay to attend this game, but you can't just sit on your rear-end and wait for the crew to provide you with fun, action, dry clothes, dry tents, drainage-ditches, base-defenses and so on.
Try to be a little more prepared next time, and you'll have some more fun.

Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 21 Jun 2010, 02:12

Was difficult to be so out numbered
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?

Baron
Captain
Captain

Post by Baron » 21 Jun 2010, 02:29

Panzergraf wrote:Yes, you DO pay to attend this game, but you can't just sit on your rear-end and wait for the crew to provide you with fun, action, dry clothes, dry tents, drainage-ditches, base-defenses and so on.
Try to be a little more prepared next time, and you'll have some more fun.
word!

+1
B15: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B14: Platoon Commander (NAF Mech)
B13: Commander (GCT Mech)
B12: Platoon Commander (UniSec Mech)
B11: Medic (GCT)
B10: Medic (PSYOPS)
B9: Medic (UN)
B8: Medic (PSYOPS) - Civilian Medic
B7: Medic (Nato)
B6: Medic (United Nations)