How to survive artillery & airstrikes!

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
Spof
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

How to survive artillery & airstrikes!

Post by Spof » 08 Apr 2010, 11:08

During some larger troop movments or assults, your oponents may decide to fire artillery at your possitions. Game-masters will simulate this with FX & Pyros.

Throghout the years, I have personally been doing many of those airstrikes etc. Depending on how much artillery-ammo the oponents commander wants to use, we can "take-out" 1 - 20 people.

But we allways choose players that do not take cover during these attacks, just standing up and looking stupid won't save your life & hiding behind a bush won't do the trick either.

I you want to live during an artillery strike, run as fast as you can and throw yourslef in cover in a trench, ditch, behind rocks or inside a building. Lay straight on the gorund and keep your head down.

Game-masters will allways pick out the people that do not act as they are under an artillery strike first.
Last edited by Spof on 08 Apr 2010, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Veteran Gamemaster.

-" Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys... look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even untill death."

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Re: How to survive the artillery & airstrikes!

Post by freno » 08 Apr 2010, 11:40

To be drunk and stand straight below, is a solution for the RS-Nuclear incoming. Not in Airsoft though!! :D
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

MrMedic
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by MrMedic » 08 Apr 2010, 17:15

At B7 me and 10 other mercs took cover in a fortified stone "bunker" when the SRP started dropping arty on us, only to have them drop the next round straight down in our bunker, killing everyone in it

So taking cover is not always a viable option, at least not when the opposition has RS artillery officers on their side.

We should have spread out instead. 10 guys in one bunker is a juicy target for the artillery spotters.
__________________Play Hard - Play Safe - Play Fair__________________
- B6 Merc - B7 Merc - B8 Merc - B9 UN - B10 ZBG - B11 Merc- B12 Merc-
____________________________6mm.se____________________________

diamid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by diamid » 23 Jun 2010, 22:02

This video from 1950 should explane everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixy5FBLnh7o
diamid
Proud member of 6MM
Email: diamid@6mm.se

B7: SF Sqd Leader - Yuri Orlovs Mercs
B8: CoyLeader - Sixth Mercs
B11: Batalion XO - Raven Guerillia
B13: Commander - IKAROS Minerva Infantry

Stig
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Stig » 23 Jun 2010, 22:43

I hope they take into account helmet wearing airsofters a bit. If not, Im really starting to run out of reasons to wear those things :P

Ukkolzi
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Ukkolzi » 23 Jun 2010, 22:51

Oh come on, helmets also keep the rain off and some serve well as cooking pots too! Seriously, I bet the crew gives some consideration to helmet wearing badasses, along with those sporting flak vests, if they see you wearing one. Of course, I might be wrong too.

Surviving the airstrikes was quite easy, if you were not afraid to dive to the ground covering your neck with your hands. Of course you're gonna get blasted if you stand in the middle of the road like a stoned mushroom when the bombs come falling down!

Toetach
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Toetach » 24 Jun 2010, 20:21

the way to survive an artillery strike:
Start running when the berget quad arrives!!

We did that at the crossroads, everyone was gone before a single firework was launched!! :D
Berget 8: 3th Poldavian mountaineers
-Kicked NAF butt...-
Berget 9 3th Poldavian mountaineers.

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 24 Jun 2010, 20:40

Toetach wrote:the way to survive an artillery strike:

We did that at the crossroads, everyone was gone before a single firework was launched!! :D
Yeah, and by the real rules, and the gentleman player rules, you should be blind to those BE crew personnel, for you, they dont's excist in the battlefield. Nice one, way to play by the rules James...
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 24 Jun 2010, 20:51

let's call that a 'sixth sense' for artillery

you wouldn't stay put either if they were unpacking a box of fireworks right next to you :P
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 24 Jun 2010, 20:57

And by acting like that there is no need in the future to use any fireworks at all. It is as good enough just a BE crew member come and point out who's hit. And where is the fun in that?

You should play blind even though it is hard and you know there is a big possibility to get eliminated by the artillery. But it is called acting/larping/what you want to call it. It is part of the game.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Svansst?mper
Private
Private

Post by Svansst?mper » 24 Jun 2010, 22:49

When art started to strike down on us in Pol 1st base, we had to run into the forest using the same ditch that everone had pissed in.
Let's just say that I'm glad I'm not an easily repulsed person :p
But very few of us got hit, so it worked.

I hope someone got use for the art. points we collected holding the scrapyard btw (together with the Italians), while everone else was having fun during the NAF allout attack on thursday afternoon... :P
TAILSTOMPER aka SVANST?MPER

Berget8: Poldavian 1st inf, 2 coy, 2nd plt, squad Foxtrot

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 25 Jun 2010, 07:58

@Windi^

your first berget?
this happens in all bergets and everyone from every side runs when BE shows up. so you could not call anyone a cheater for running, you have probably done it yourself.

one solution would be for berget to point out casulties first and fire of the fireworks next..
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 25 Jun 2010, 17:35

dude.. he was a camaraman XD
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

Arbiterman
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Arbiterman » 25 Jun 2010, 18:01

The most memorable artillery strike happened to me was on this Berget on second day on the crossroads, right before Rangers base was overrun.

All that happened was swift as lightning. A moment before there was a usual mess with people chatting and hanging around. And next moment I saw gamemasters coming from nowhere and led by Spof who was rushing to the square with a pretty smile on his face and bunch of orange flags in his hands. With a short gesture "knife at the throat" he pointed to all who didn't make it and at the same time "artillery" started to fire in the sky. And at the same time enemy rushed from the bushes in hope to get the crossroads but suffered from they own artillery. All of this was done in SECONDS. I thought time stopped at that moment becouse I was really STUNNED by the swiftness of action going around. Not just actually me but all who was on the crossroads square noticed that.

So I'd like to say that Spof definitely got potential for performing a tactical nuke (if it will ever happen on Berget) and we can be sure that no man will escape his fate!

Hurrah sir! :D

Bilich
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bilich » 26 Jun 2010, 01:46

''Guys I just want to film you'' :D
B8 - Poldavian 3.rd mountainers , 4th platoon
B9 - Mister of Poldavia and sexual object