The lack of civilians

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
Losolos
Major
Major

Post by Losolos » 19 Mar 2012, 12:30

+1 to Brujo...

but then berget MUST reconsider the PSYOPS rules .. but i like it ;)
B5-B17 on duty
B18 yellow Crow

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 19 Mar 2012, 12:35

Our ROE were allways don't fire at civilians until fired upon. At the first and second day this worked. we had some encounters with civis and they were allways non-hostile. after that the actions of the firm totally destroyed the trust into the civilians, so i can some kind of understand the guys who shot civilians on sight, but it is not a real excuse for doing so....Just think of their families and children :o

Unfortunately there are allways some guys who just want to shoot their guns a lot and make the kill-counter grow, so they shoot everything that moves. We can only beg those guys to step down a bit and take their time to ID their targets. this would improve the game for all of us. And after all; if you want to play speedball, Berget isn't what you are looking for.
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Furey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Furey » 19 Mar 2012, 15:04

Yes indeed, the challenge of observing rules of engagement against potentially hostile civilians is probably the hardest thing that real soldiers have to deal with. If Berget gives people some appreciation of that then great! If we wanted it to be easy we'd sit at home playing call of duty, not sweating it out on a Swedish mountain :)

IMO commanding officers of each side need to be the ones who punish players for breaking roe, as well as making roe clear at the start. I hope the military police unit role play out some of these 'enforcements', could be fun.
Poldavian Army, 5th Infantry, Tango Coy
You know when you've been Tango'd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXZFgGjB ... re=related

UK Airsoft Players Union
www.ukapu.org.uk

DutchWolf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by DutchWolf » 24 Mar 2012, 21:00

Furey wrote:IMO commanding officers of each side need to be the ones who punish players for breaking roe, as well as making roe clear at the start. I hope the military police unit role play out some of these 'enforcements', could be fun.
+1 on that.

Or maybe some sort of punishment when a side inflicts to many civy casualties. Like if there s to many incidents, NATO comes in an bombs all of that sides mech. units and they don't get to have vehicles for the rest of the day.
B09 - NAF - 6th Airborne - FOX4
B10 - NAF - 23rd Infantry - FOX2.1 Radio Operator

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 24 Mar 2012, 22:20

I will KILL anyone of my team, not respecting the ROE against civilians!!! :-P
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 25 Mar 2012, 07:31

1. Civilian status is usually respected only so long, as long there is no incident. In my experience, about 6 hours of game. Then someone thinks it is fun to shoot a red or blue soldier in the back and after one week, forum is full of shit about this and that.

2. RoE can change individually due to 1. and CO will either never find out or will willingly and rightfully open a hunting season on them. I mean come on, if they don't respect their right to live free, why should we?
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

Jin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jin » 25 Mar 2012, 14:34

Rape tents,burn womens!...Yeahh...oh..i mixed up something
Berget 8: 23nd NAF - Fox 5
Berget 9: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers, 1st coy, 2nd PLTC
Berget 10: Poldavian 3rd Montaineers

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 25 Mar 2012, 14:52

Brujo wrote:1. Civilian status is usually respected only so long, as long there is no incident. In my experience, about 6 hours of game. Then someone thinks it is fun to shoot a red or blue soldier in the back and after one week, forum is full of shit about this and that.

2. RoE can change individually due to 1. and CO will either never find out or will willingly and rightfully open a hunting season on them. I mean come on, if they don't respect their right to live free, why should we?
So what you are saying is that it was the civilians own fault that they were locked up in the church and got annihilated?
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B8 NAF 5th Infantry, Plt leader Echo Delta
B9 NAF 1st Mech Inf Btn, Coy CO Cobra 1
B10 NAF 2nd Mech Inf Btn, 2iC
B11 UA17 (Captain Black)
B12 Civilian (Jim Tom Mudwater)

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 25 Mar 2012, 15:46

Mr Black wrote:
Brujo wrote:1. Civilian status is usually respected only so long, as long there is no incident. In my experience, about 6 hours of game. Then someone thinks it is fun to shoot a red or blue soldier in the back and after one week, forum is full of shit about this and that.

So what you are saying is that it was the civilians own fault that they were locked up in the church and got annihilated?
I don't really want to defend that action, however there is a point to be made; Within the realm of the story, organised resistance against poldavian forces makes anyone in the area a possible target, technically without interrogation pol forces had no way to determine between real civs and zansians (of course out of game we would know that a finnish accent should make us suspect them, but should you use out of game info in LARP?). If everytime you go near the city you come under attack, you may get to the point where annihilation makes sense.

The UN (which was in a touch position to fufil its role) failed to ensure that poldavian forces did not see the populace of the town as a threat. Certain segments of the population did manage to work with us, and I would hope they did end up as collateral damage.

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 25 Mar 2012, 16:59

So in a way you DO defend that action?
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B11 UA17 (Captain Black)

Furey
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Furey » 25 Mar 2012, 17:06

I don't think this is productive, shall we just agree that the Poldavian soldiers and commanders, the civilians and the game masters have all learnt lessons from last year and we'll all make an effort at berget 10 to ensure that the circumstances do not occur again so that the civilians have as much fun as possible?
Poldavian Army, 5th Infantry, Tango Coy
You know when you've been Tango'd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXZFgGjB ... re=related

UK Airsoft Players Union
www.ukapu.org.uk

Mr Black
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Mr Black » 25 Mar 2012, 17:18

I just find it a bit frightening that two Berget Master Trustees seem to justify such action... instead of condemning it. It doesn´t exactly indicate that the Poldavians "learned their lesson".

I think it´s important to be very clear about how the civilians should be treated. In my opinion "ethnic cleansing" (or whatever you want to call it) has no place in airsoft.
Hic sunt mortem

Nemo me impune lacessit

B11 UA17 (Captain Black)

kjsaw
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by kjsaw » 25 Mar 2012, 17:47

Mr Black wrote:I just find it a bit frightening that two Berget Master Trustees seem to justify such action... instead of condemning it. It doesn´t exactly indicate that the Poldavians "learned their lesson".

I think it´s important to be very clear about how the civilians should be treated. In my opinion "ethnic cleansing" (or whatever you want to call it) has no place in airsoft.
I was not in the area when this happened, nor as a trustee can I say I am sure stopping it would have been within the role of a trustee (Mostly that role is about assisting berget to keep play fair within the scope of BE's rules, if I was there, by the time I was aware it was happening it would probably have been over).

I don't think its an action that should have happened, did anyone present call game-off to try and stop it?

The point I was attempting to make in my post (and as far as I can tell Brujo is also trying to make), is that when those playing as civillians (or those with the ability to appear to be civillians) start shooting at those playing in a military role, all bets are off. The side effect of using BBs rather than bullets is that those shot have trouble forgetting previous engagements. I have personally tried to "reset" a platoons mindset by moving towards the town with in a posture that assumed no memory of previous zansian masquerading as civ engagements, it ended badly for me.
B4 >>> B17
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

spin_t
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by spin_t » 25 Mar 2012, 19:38

We r playing a war simulation...looks like has to come in the full package,with the real war atrocities !:)))
B 8 Poldavian 1-st Bat.
B 9 Poldavian 320th Art Comm
B10 Poldavian 15-th
B11 troop carrier betwen BRaven base and front line :)
B12 Raven Mech

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 25 Mar 2012, 19:50

Mr Black wrote:I just find it a bit frightening that two Berget Master Trustees seem to justify such action... instead of condemning it. It doesn´t exactly indicate that the Poldavians "learned their lesson".

Look prick, stop suggesting what I think with your own words. I am trying to find a way how to mix LARP and airsoft in a most milsim way. And sue me for my past experiences.
Make a workable proposal and I will listen with interest...
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia