Unknown Pol nominated for the Grand Asshole of Berget award

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 10
jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 02 Jul 2012, 20:27

I agree with both sides.

All infrictions of rules should be handled on spot, first with calm chat, and if not successful, with the help of Crew / Gamemasters. If it cannot be sorted on spot, take player ID and state your case to Crew / Gamemasters / ingame commanders ASAP. I always prefer to have a short and quick chat, if possible, on site, face to face.

Then again, sometimes that is not possible, and you don't get player ID to push your case forward. In that case, it is best to state your case in public, after game, at forums. But I think, it is good to keep your calm still, because that is the only way to possibly get some response from anyone.

The above is in general, not related to any case stated in this thread.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Brujo
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by Brujo » 02 Jul 2012, 21:12

No frustrations at my side boys, I really enjoyed the game to being my second best Berget game and no forum warriors and aftergame ranting can take this away :)
B5 - Soviet VDV Battalion Commander
B6 - NATO Battalion Commander
B7 - Orlov's Plt CO
B8 - Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
B10 - Poldavian 15th Sappers Commander
Airsoft Klub Salamander - Slovenia

SixCell
Corporal
Corporal

Post by SixCell » 02 Jul 2012, 22:57

Dimori wrote:I heard that somebody stole a sniper rifle worth 2500 € from the sniper who broke his leg. If this is true, I'd nominate him(/her) the Grand Asshole of the game.
Im the guy with the broken leg, & the rifle was secured by my teammates without my knowledge... so it was not stolen luckilly :)

If they just had told me it would have saved me & all the others that were searching for it alot of hassle, but main thing is that it was safe in our offgame car :)
B8 NAF 5'th Infantry
Falcon Company
Platoon commander 3'rd Delta
-----------------------------
B9 Poldavian 1'st mech.
3rd in command 1'st mech
Squadleader Goatz
-----------------------------
B10 NAF 9'th Recon/sniper unit
Shooter

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 03 Jul 2012, 01:11

If you at any point find yourself in a situation where you see anyone breaking or bending the rules you need to put on your deadrag and walk over to that individual and with all your best behaviour tell them why what they have done is wrong. If they shrug everything off take their armband # and report them to us.

Our hands are tied if you guys dont give us any information. We really need your assistance to weed out those who dont understand or respect the rules of the game.
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 03 Jul 2012, 02:08

HerrNilson wrote:Unless you have video or photographic evidence now after you've got home, it really doesn't help at all.

Cheating should be dealt with at the time preferably with the involvement of a game marshal.
Brujo has about 80 eyewitnesses...i think that should be enough.
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 03 Jul 2012, 11:23

Brujo wrote:1. NAF soldier got picked up by a civilian silver van with licenseplate number "Gö TX-42" from Germany. After I shot the soldier in front of the van, I was awarded a stupid look and he boarded the van without the orange rag or bleedout or whatever. The van driver threw out orange flag (really, an ingame vehicle?) and returned towards the direction of base.
My apologies on this one to Brujo and everyone who felt wronged by this, as this has been my team.
From what I learned, this has not been abuse of rules, but a misunderstanding, which was cleared with at least one of the Poldavian players on site.
Situation went as follows: The team had left for town, going off-game, in the silver transporter. One of their team members had stayed behind, because he was at that time still 'in game', and had remained in the fight over the destroyed road. He got hit not so much later, but unfortunately did not have a hitrag with him. When the team returned from town, they had contacted him (he had bleeded out at that time and was laying low for not having a hitrag with him) and decided to pick him up and take him up to base with him.
When the car arrived, he got shot again while he was dead already (that's where the 'dumb look' came from), and the guys had a quick talk with one of the Poldavian players shooting at him to explain the situation. After that, they put out an orange flag to avoid anyone shooting at this definitely 'off-game' vehicle and took him home.

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I am aware that taking a 'killed' player back to base in an 'off-game' car is bending of the rules (although one might argue that 'destroyed' vehicles carrying 'dead' players home is the exact same thing happening), and I apologize for that on behalf of my team/players under my command as BatCo. The team has upon return to base been set on 2 hours R&R in base however, so I hope we can agree that there has been no harm done (in regards to a shortened respawn time of the player returning to base faster than he could have on foot).
About them flying the orange hitrag in a car that is not part of the game, I actually strongly recommended such behaviour, as in my opinion all cars not participating in the game should clearly mark themselves as 'off-game' to avoid misunderstandings. If your opinion on this topic is different, I'm willing to discuss it with an open mind, but I can see a good point in using the orange flag.

In general, it would be best if we could entirely keep 'off-game', full-civilian cars outside of the game area, but as the route that was blocked by Sappers is the only civilian access road up to both the NAF base and the parking lot where all of NAF's civilian player cars were parked, I can see the problem in that situation, too.

As for the other two incidents involving players from my NAF Mech, I will look into it and hopefully give you a satisfying response soon. For the moment, I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt and assume it was a misunderstanding as well (I think the car with the confederate flag was going to town as well, although them pulling the orange flag back in while still in the game area is not a smart move at all), but I will check into this.

As Mr.Black already said, I would really recommend what NIN said about solving issues on-site with the players involved directly, or at least contact their BatCo through one of your own BatCos. In general, I would love BatCos from both teams to be in contact on this kind of issues much more openly, since it is our (BatCo) responsibility to keep an eye on the 'bigger picture' and make sure that all players from both teams have fun and respect the rules - and not just 'try to win the game' for our side.
Been here since B08... :)

HerrNilson
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by HerrNilson » 03 Jul 2012, 11:47

Waldo wrote:
HerrNilson wrote:Unless you have video or photographic evidence now after you've got home, it really doesn't help at all.

Cheating should be dealt with at the time preferably with the involvement of a game marshal.
Brujo has about 80 eyewitnesses...i think that should be enough.
As stated it is too late now... unless you have the guys arm band no.

Robin-Hood
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Robin-Hood » 04 Jul 2012, 01:08

If people are going to do this I'd like to nominate an unknown NAF vehicle.

Me and my friend were walking back in the pissing rain on the friday night, we were maybe a couple of hundred metres from the Poldavian base on the raod, and we were dead, out of game, not even magazines in our guns. We see them coming from miles off, they drive towards us so we get off the road and stop to let them pass. We're just standing there in the open at the edge of the road and waved them past, any idiot could tell we are off game.

So they roar right up to us and unload a magazine into each of us at point blank range, we were just on the very edge of the road so the vehicle was definitely under 1m away from us. Then they roar off into the distance.

I thought they stopped so I chased them, but they drove away. Whoever you were you're lucky you didn't let me catch you. :twisted:

Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 04 Jul 2012, 01:15

Dimori wrote:I heard that somebody stole a sniper rifle worth 2500 € from the sniper who broke his leg. If this is true, I'd nominate him(/her) the Grand Asshole of the game.
"Im the guy with the broken leg, & the rifle was secured by my teammates without my knowledge... so it was not stolen luckilly

If they just had told me it would have saved me & all the others that were searching for it alot of hassle, but main thing is that it was safe in our offgame car"

Glad to hear that

:D
Last edited by Redmenace_tv on 04 Jul 2012, 01:27, edited 2 times in total.
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?

Redmenace_tv
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Redmenace_tv » 04 Jul 2012, 01:21

NIN wrote:If you at any point find yourself in a situation where you see anyone breaking or bending the rules you need to put on your deadrag and walk over to that individual and with all your best behaviour tell them why what they have done is wrong. If they shrug everything off take their armband # and report them to us.

Our hands are tied if you guys dont give us any information. We really need your assistance to weed out those who dont understand or respect the rules of the game.
+1

Also this, please help berget crew where we can guys. I know people want to let off a little steam but this forum is becoming very negative. A solution maybe to have a berget staff station at the main bases that has a 'black book' if you have a rules violation you must log it with them with their and your armband number. they would also be a good point of contact between players and berget staff.
(TOM)
Berget 8 - NAF 5th Staff Officer
Berget 9 - 2IC NAF 1st Mech battalion
Berget 10 -2IC NAF 23rd Inf Battalion
Berget 11 -AWOL
Berget 12 - AWOL
Berget 13 - ?

Magged
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Magged » 04 Jul 2012, 03:38

Brujo wrote:3. A swedish SUV, tan-coloured with a confederation flag on hood drove through the "destroyed road" signs with orange flag (destroyed vehicle driving out of base with operators inside? Were you going to a convenient store, maybe?). When the truck passed all mines and signs, the orange flag was pulled back in the vehicle and the car was ready for fighting! Amazing.

The SUV was going in to the City, it was off-game. And yes we took down the flags when we came out to the Civilian road. Why you wonder? For visibility, What else?
I guess haven't drove a car before.

hezi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hezi » 04 Jul 2012, 12:34

NIN wrote:If you at any point find yourself in a situation where you see anyone breaking or bending the rules you need to put on your deadrag and walk over to that individual and with all your best behaviour tell them why what they have done is wrong. If they shrug everything off take their armband # and report them to us.

+1

This is the only way to handle these cheating cases.
The Brigade Team
B7, NATO, INDIA Company, 2 platoon
B8, NAF, 5th Battalion
B9, NAF, 3rd Ranger Battalion
B11, Blood Revens
B13, GCT, Special Parachute Infantry
B14, UPIR Infantry

55nilsson
Corporal
Corporal

Off-game

Post by 55nilsson » 06 Jul 2012, 18:27

"2. Foliage green Jeep Cherokee flying a swedish flag and a blue flag were ignoring visibly set mines and roadblock which said: ROAD DESTROYED."

I was driving this car, and at that moment we were off-game and on our way to town, we had the warningblinker on and a large deadrag on the dashboard clearly visable from the outside. (We had an issue with the powerwindows in the car therefor we couldn´t open them)
The warningblinker were turned of when we reached the offgame road with regular traffic, for safety. And when we returned it was turned on again to signal offgame.
B5 Russian Infantry
B6 General Conrads Infantry
B7 NATO Plt.cmd Mech.Inf.
B8 NAF Plt.cmd Mech.Inf.
B9 NAF Mech.Inf.
B10 NAF Mech. Inf.
B12 Ravens Mech. Inf.

Kadmillos ASIK
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Kadmillos ASIK » 11 Jul 2012, 16:06

For me ?

Zansian Player, in the top of the hill behind the CrossRoad. He shoot me in full auto from about 6 meters, with a ASG without any kind of markings, when i ask him he said that all the zansian didn't tested the guns and they can shot w/o limit.

Ah he said that the ASG have 1,6 joules.

I have played 5 berget, this was my last.
Kadmillos aka Basetta
MSP www.milsim.it

"Next year Andy McClane should have their own, separate faction"

wormbyte
Major
Major

Post by wormbyte » 11 Jul 2012, 16:13

Random "on the spot" chrono springs to mind.

A member of staff in the base that can stop people leaving or returning in and out of the base and carry out a chrono check.
B6 - Platoon Commander (India 1st Platoon) - NATO
B7 - Company Commander (India Coy) - NATO
B10 - 3rd Rangers Commander
B12 - GCT Ranger Commander
B13 - GCT Para Inf - Company Commander
B14 - Commanding Officer of the Nordic Alliance Force