I vant to see your papers....

Share your Berget "know-how" and what is necessary to be prepared for when going to Berget-games.
blackwidow
Private
Private

I vant to see your papers....

Post by blackwidow » 16 May 2012, 17:39

If you do come to BE for the games, you're going to have important papers with you; passports, drivers license or government ID card, etc., etc. When you're actually play, just where do the players keep their stuff safe, so it won't be stolen, and if you're a female player; where do the girls keep their purses, or bags (yes we have enough things inside to blow up the earth - LOL) with them?

JudgementDay
Major
Major

Post by JudgementDay » 16 May 2012, 17:45

Best place to leave them would be in a storage box in your tent in main base. Berget is renting out storage boxes with padlocks for that purpose especially, but usually, people won't stray into tents where they don't belong.

So storing things out of everyone's direct sight (in your tent, under you matress or inside your sleeping bag for example) will do about 80% of the trick.
Been here since B08... :)

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by Crapgame » 16 May 2012, 23:08

i would go for a Padlock box or bring your own box to lock or if you have a car to keep it in. There has been thievery in berget games before, the most tragic being one of the players getting his rifle with kit wroth 50.000SEK stolen. After hearing that i always either carry my stuff with me or lock it in a box.
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

Coffe
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Coffe » 17 May 2012, 03:04

For maximum safety I'd recommend locking the stuff up in a car parked at the parking lots (or a rented car if you happen to be from abroad).

But the padlock boxes you can rent at Berget are also quite decent. I rented one myself during B9 and we could easily fit my entire team's (roughly 12 people) valuables in it, so you probably needn't pay for one all on your own.

The boxes are not exactly waterproof though, so I'd advise wrapping the box in a tarp/plastic bag/rain poncho etc. if keeping the contents dry is an important factor.

skinner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by skinner » 17 May 2012, 14:56

What REAL valuables can be with a player aside from his ingame gear - a wallet with ID and some cash/cards and a mobile phone. Both items can be easily carried through all the game in pockets being secured with ALOKSAKs and dummy cords.

The rest is valuable to a certain extent, but still can be sacrificed in case of real emergency. Just don't bring your Macbook or PVS-14 to this trip :)
A riflescope reticle is also someone's point of view
Berget-8 - NAF 5th Infantry Battalion
Berget-9 - NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion
Berget-10 - NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion
Berget-12 - will wear Multicam

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 17 May 2012, 19:58

skinner wrote:What REAL valuables can be with a player aside from his ingame gear - a wallet with ID and some cash/cards and a mobile phone. Both items can be easily carried through all the game in pockets being secured with ALOKSAKs and dummy cords.

The rest is valuable to a certain extent, but still can be sacrificed in case of real emergency. Just don't bring your Macbook or PVS-14 to this trip :)
Hear-hear! Only my wallet with ID and money, and my cellphone are considered valuables, because they are REALLY critical stuff. I carry them on my person, both in plastic Minigrip bags and in my most secure pockets.

I actually empty my wallet of everything that is not really needed before I go to Berget. I usually also take with me an old phone which works and is dependable, and wouldn't be a catastrophy to lose. I have one dependable old Nokia (the really old ones are :D ) with a new battery in it.
As a final secure thing, I never carry my passport with my other ID. Even outside Berget.

I wouldn't really see there is any difference in critical and important valuables between sexes, they should be about the same. If you lose your makeup or "hygiene-products" I trust you can get some from another woman on the field. There are female players and BE crew around, shouldn't be really difficult to ask if in need.

And I know it has happened before ;)
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Coffe
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Coffe » 19 May 2012, 05:56

skinner wrote:What REAL valuables can be with a player aside from his ingame gear - a wallet with ID and some cash/cards and a mobile phone. Both items can be easily carried through all the game in pockets being secured with ALOKSAKs and dummy cords.

I was going to advise getting relevant and secure pockets for your kit (admin pouch perhaps?) to store ID, wallet, cellphone etc. in.

But then I remembered some of the... Erm, "gymnastic manouevres" that me and some of my team members do in the field. Sure your radio might be a rugged piece of tech, but your average cellphone tends to disagree when you hit the dirt hard, rolling/crawling across the ground, getting yourself partially submerged in water etc. etc.

So I'd say that while there might be less of a risk getting your valuables stolen if you carry them with you at all times. You do risk breaking them by carrying them with you at all times too. :D

Waldo
Captain
Captain

Post by Waldo » 19 May 2012, 11:17

Last year I had my wallet, cellphone and keys in a small MFH Utility Pouch. It is a bit patted, so nothing broke when I hit the deck. The good thing at the Härnösand game area is that you don't necessarily need to go through water, so the best way to keep your stuff safe is by taking them with you or store them in a locker/your car.
B9: Pol. 320th Arty - Coy Cmd
B10: 45th Mountaineer Sappers ("Sapperneers") - Wiley 2-2
B11-B13: Serving the country
B14: UPIR - Righteous Employee

Truetrimix
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Truetrimix » 22 May 2012, 18:22

Last year I had all my credit cards, passport, money in my rucksack outside of our groups tent all the time. Only thing i carried with me in a mini-grip plastic bag was my cellphone for emergency's.

The thing where definitively packed deep in my rucksack and I believe when looking at the statistics the chance of them getting stolen is minimal. And who would walk away with a 30kg rucksack.. Then U are out of luck.. And they could just have been lost anywhere else :D

RRP Taksi
Berget Master Trustee
Berget Master Trustee

Post by RRP Taksi » 25 Jun 2012, 09:31

For maximum safety I'd recommend locking the stuff up in a car parked at the parking lots (or a rented car if you happen to be from abroad).
The 50k equipment that was stolen were in a locked car in the SZ parkinglot... :(

Dont leave anything crucial anywhere unattended................ :!:
Mmh..

B10 PL.CO 15S,2PL
B4-5-6-7-9 PL/CC (FFF/SRP command foreign and Swed) contact.
OPCR2-3

Frasse
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Re: I vant to see your papers....

Post by Frasse » 22 Nov 2012, 12:15

A good tactics is to never bring anything that you can't afford to lose.
And the few things that are crucial; always keep them on your person.

Klings
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Klings » 22 Nov 2012, 18:48

Keys, phone and wallet. I carry them in my pockets all the time. When i play airsoft i add a billion new pockets and storage places on myself. I slim down my wallet pre game, add a compact camera and carry it on me or in my backpack.
68th Poldavian Strategic Submarine Group
www.facebook.com/TeamFlecktarn

Mrfoss
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mrfoss » 22 Dec 2012, 01:07

I have been there two times, with a lot of mates. Have not herd of any cases of theft except a flag. The 50,000sek(think i herd 20k) story is roaming around camp. But not much else has passed my way. Think it's fairly safe, try to keep the valuables to a minimum.

Sweden is a very safe country with low crime rates. Then you have the AS coming from all over the world. Generally speaking you won't find many thieves among them as the cost of getting there puts them in the category of hard working or well off. My conclusion of Berget is there is no one actively searching for something to steal. There is however the odd opportunist.
Member of SCAK
B8: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B9: Pol 1st Mech Bat
B10: Pol 5th infantry
B11: Ravens Guerilla Delta Plt
B12: GCT infantry

freno
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Post by freno » 23 Dec 2012, 19:13

At B7 Alex (LYNX) sold a backpack to me with all his id, passport, visa... :)
B5 - B12 Yes!
B13 - Mr. PINK
B14 - BBB - V.President
B15 - MIA
B16 - B17 Bartender
B18 - Crow

Geboren
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Geboren » 05 Jan 2013, 12:45

In my admin pouch I carry:

-ID card
-a small card with medical informations on it
-Cellphone
-Money (small)
-And the game stuff also

These things can be lost.

Wallet, passport, credit cards, rest of money, keys and the things that cannot be lost on the field for the return, stays at the basecamp in a hidden place known of the team only.
http://www.oda541.com

B7 NATO Foxtrot 2 platoon leader
B8 NATO Foxtrott
B10 POL 3d Mountaineers 3d Coy, 1st Plt Leader
B11 Blood Ravens Recon Platoon Leader