What was your best Berget moment?

Feedback and debriefings from Berget 13
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

What was your best Berget moment?

Post by Berget-events » 29 Jun 2015, 21:38

Tell your story about your best moment during Berget 13.
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

Seventh
Corporal
Corporal

Re: What was your best Berget moment?

Post by Seventh » 29 Jun 2015, 22:20

My best moments mainly revolve around the LARP with the civilians and the whole thing about them not trusting IKAROS/Hades -BUT- strangely enough I must say my VERY best moment was after I injured my foot. I was UTTERLY blown away by peoples kindness and support, hence is why I would like to thank those who helped me out and made sure I could stay and keep on playing with all you lovely people and enjoy the game to its fullest.

A huge THANK YOU and a great big hug to the two Portuguese Paramedics from Hades Delta Squad that became my mothers for a day :D You were awesome to be ingame with and great at keeping up the morale! I owe you both a cold beer for next year!
A thank you to the civilian woman who owned the old bank, thank you! And of course the Fast and Furious Berget Medics.

Will see you all next year! :)

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 29 Jun 2015, 22:52

The days and nights blurred together for me during this years game ( Only positive! ) , so i have no idea what day this was, but my very best moment involved Ikaros troops and the HP(Hades Police).

I had just taken a very nice #2 in the local toilet facailities , when i was happily walking up towards the town. At the Checkpoint that HP had set up, a Humwee drove past me. One of the officers stopped me, and prompty told me to get into the car.
-What car, and why? i asked.
-Just get into the car! , he said and suddenly two people dragged me into the humwee that i didnt notice had stopped behind me. I heard Civilians rushing to my assistance, trying to stop them and ask where they were taking me and why. I only heard them mentioning that there had been an accident in the (ikaros) base, and they had to take me there. The driver of the humwee told the soldies to "secure" me. I was then knocked out.

[..]

I woke up laying in the backseat of the car. The car had stopped and there was noone in it, but since i didnt want to risk getting shot, i stayed down. Suddenly i hear a discussion outside the car:

(Officer) - Where the hell is the Doctor?
(Soldier) - He is laying in the backseat.
(Officer) - Why is he laying there?
(Soldier) - He's been knocked out...
(Officer) - YOU STUPID MOTHER FU***R, WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO FU***NG HURT HIM, HE IS OUR FRIEND!!!
(Soldier) - .....
(Officer) - Get him out of there, and make him happy! (To other officer), We need some money to make him happy!

During this time, im laying in the backseat laughing so much im almost crying listening to this conversation going on for a minute or two.

I got explained to me that a local Civilian known as "Flowergirl" had .. errr.. "accidently been shot" during interragitations, and that she needed medical treatment. I told officers that i needed my medical supplies or to get her to the hospital.. He asked me why i didnt bring them, and when i explained that i wasnt told what the matter was , just dragged into the car and knocked out, this officer teached me alot more curse words that i can't write here.

He stopped the closest soldier, a Swedish girl that had a crew with a pickup truck , and told them to drive me to the base and back as fast as they could, because at this time we only had 30 minutes before Flowergirl would die.

After a little bit of getting lost on the forest roads, we eventually got to the town of Kresnovo, i jumped out of the truck that barely had stopped and ran towards hospital, with the truck crew following me.... Thing was, the town was crowded with red troops at this time, and when i ran into the back of the houses, i heard alot of noise behind me, and i realised that most people thought i was trying to escape from them... I didnt realise how close i were to get shot, and that would have killed Flowergirl for sure.

We eventually got back to flowergirl with a couple of minutes to spare, and i was sent back into town on an ATV.

-----

All in all, this game was FANTASTIC, even when we were hiding in the church doing nothing for 2 hours while the game was under heavy attack.

RUNNER UP, best berget moment.

First airstrike on the town (Friday?)
We were all chilling infront of the fire, and our Bankier was laying on a bench by the fire.
The GM with the fireworks managed to sneak around behind houses and end up behind us and set of the fireworks.
- INCOMIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!! Holy shit, i have never seen people run that fast in town before.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Scavenger
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Scavenger » 30 Jun 2015, 00:05

My second Berget and this one cannot be compaired to the last year's.

Had a lot of fun in base and in long walks but the town defence on Saturday was my best moment.

Me with my sniper rifle, one guy with m249 beside me and the Church Tower :D felt like Jackson in the movie "Saving Private Ryan" ..... until 2 civilians knife killed us 8)

Thanks guys, was a great game for me in every aspect.

See you next year.

Shinobi
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Shinobi » 30 Jun 2015, 01:32

My best Berget moment this year has to be interaction with the awesome civilians this year!
Had a blast playing Hades Police this year with my fellow Polish Spacemarines (from Norway)

If i had to choose one moment that stuck with me, I'd choose two.
First: The shooting in the church;
I was stationed outside, and when the gunshots were heard, and the following shouts of "medic", I rushed the church, were I found one of the village elders laying, bleeding out. Being a medic, I stabilized him, and helped carry him to the village hospital. The following conversations and helping out the town doctor was so fun and intensive, especially when other civilians bursted in, and shouting about wanting to search me. The village elder put his foot down, denying the other civilians the right to search me, saying that I was a friend. It felt so intensive, and it has become a fond memory.

The second was holding the bar on the final day with my fellow spacemarines. Hearing the shots fly by while singing glorious battlesongs, keeping morale up.

Looking forward to next years Berget

Shinobi/Polish Spacemarines (from Norway)
Into space! :D
B12 - PMC Unisec Rifleman/Medic
B13 - Hades Police Force MG/Medic
B16 - UPIR

Sevas
Private
Private

Post by Sevas » 30 Jun 2015, 13:28

One of the best moments during the game was at 09.45 day 3 when attacking the blue base with almost all we got - after being wiped out by the artillery (80% casualties) on the Southern edge of the base I am asked by one of my guys - wasn´t the mechanized supposed to assist us from the northern direction? 5 minutes later, walking towards the Safe Zone we see almost all mech burning orange on the northern edge of the blue base. We know we can rely on each other guys.

Artillery - the God of War.

:team:

/Victor
Grey Stone - "Stand Firm"

Berget 8 - Poldavian Infantry
Berget 9 - Poldavian Mt
Berget 10 - Poldavian Mt
Berget 11 - Blood Ravens
Berget 12 - Ravens Guerilla
Berget 13 - Ikaros Infantry
Berget 14 - UPIR Infantry
Berget 15 - UPIR Infantry
Berget 16 - UPIR Infantry
Berget 17 - GFM Infantry

Felix
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Felix » 30 Jun 2015, 14:28

After the first GCT night raid on Krasnovo, I went back to my house to go to bed. As I am opening the door I hear "shhhhh".

There is an airborne soldier sitting in my loft.

We make a care package with drinks and snacks and a sausage and pass it to him, humming the theme from "Allo Allo" while we do it. A sleeping bag was provided.

(Incredibly overcomplicated) plans were made to smuggle him out of town in disguise.

Turns out the guy left some time in the morning like a shamefull one night stand.
B12: UA 17
B13: Ismoili Khoshbakht, owner of Import Export Transport Inc.
B14: Civilian

fruhest
Corporal
Corporal

Post by fruhest » 30 Jun 2015, 15:12

Ooh, I have so many, I can't decide which one is the best!

The first time I was actually adressed by my commander other than short orders was when we (the Jeep squad, l.k.a. the minions of PR-commander) were recieving decorations for bravery and ingenuity (that we were eager to larp and did everything he asked). When he called us up to get the decorations we soon discovered that he had absolutely no clue what either of us were called. In turn, "Toy boy", "Big guy with shiny nose", "Bumblebee" and "Driver" were called up.
He then said "[...] and lastly, the one who I have seen as the leader of this squad, the one who has without questions quickly and efficiently completed every task that I have laid before her, and has been a pleasure riding with, please step forward... Girl."
From that point on, I was known to each and all by this four letter word.

The phrases most commonly exchanged between me and the commander were from that point on
"Where is Girl?"
"Right behind you, sir"
"Oh, yes, there you are. Go do [mission]"
Yay, airsoft!
B13 - IKAROS - Squad Leader of Jeep Squad
B14 - NAF - Squad Leader of Jeep Squad intelligence unit
B15 - UPIR - Commander of UPIR PsyOps branch

fruhest
Corporal
Corporal

Post by fruhest » 30 Jun 2015, 17:19

Another of my favourite moments of the berget game was a while after we had returned the press to town after a little talk with our PR commander where he answered the questions they had.

So the press had not been good boys. They had been writing lies and blue propaganda under the deceitful claim of "free press".
Our new objective was to destroy their printer, so that they could not spread these harmful (and completely false) words. The problem was, the printer was in the bar. We couldn't just go in there and smash it to pieces, since the only real reason we had this mission from the beginning was to improve IKAROS relations to the villagers.
Our commander decided that we were to stage a bar fight, to divert attention from the printer long enough to destroy it. A group of norweigans (also under the commander) were to sit in the bar, having a good time, getting drunk and rowdy.
The commander then turned to me and said "Girl, you and your squad will enter the bar, these guys will try to flirt with you, you will slap one of them and then we'll all have a big fight. Sounds good, yes?"

In the end, I pushed one bloke of his chair when he tried to lay his arm around me, "Big guy with shiny nose" had a catfight with one of the norweigans, and "Toy boy" successfully destroyed the printer without anyone noticing.
Frantic police stormed the building and the biker gang were sad that they had been left out.

I heard some people actually thought it was a real fight. Good times.
I have been told one of the norweigans filmed the entire brawl, I'll return with the link as soon as I get it.
Yay, airsoft!

swemannen2
Private
Private

Post by swemannen2 » 30 Jun 2015, 21:37

Hello dear Ikaros and GCT!

Berget13 was my first Berget.
We followed the IKAROS commander of Public Relations, doing every task he saw fit to give us, and after a while he started referring to us as his "minions”.
We all got cool nicknames by our commander but a royal fuckup gave me my nickname: "Honest"

This is the story;
Everything started with a simple mission to the village of Krasnovo. We were to meet up with the arms dealer and pick up an order that we had placed earlier. When we arrived at the town we notice that the high priestess is visiting the village to inspect the prosperity of the village since IKAROS came to Fadjikistan and helped the poor villagers to a better standard of living.
Suddenly I hear gunfire and screams but it dies out quick. The High P. had Been Shoot by none less than the high commander of the hades police force: “Lehnsmann”. Many medics rushed to the aid and got the H.P back up on her feet. "It was just a flesh wound" (so close...)
With help of our wonderful medics she was up in no time and surrounded by more people protecting her she went down to the bank, since it was the safest house near the heli-pad.
Meanwhile our commander got a message from the "green cobras"; “Codeword green cobra, you must kill the H.P at any cost". Our beloved leader saw his chance, pulled out his trusty handcannon and fired a fatal shot that hit the high priestess.
A job well done.
As of that moment I was standing near the Church in the village and heard the gunfire. I was one of few that rushed down and saw a civilian in the bank that had been caught in the crossfire. I offer my assistance as a medic and helped the civilian to his feet but as for my reward I got chained up with 4 other IKAROS members.
Note that almost everyone had forgotten about the high priestess as she lied there taking her last breath and her heart took the last heartbeat forever.
Our commander was also wounded but hades police was quick to act and draggeed him away from the "heat". Meanwhile a poor lonley IKAROS member bled out on the ground next to where the commander had been shot, my good friend aka. "Pretty boy".
Our beloved commander noticed that we had been wrongly accused and storms down the road with an ak-47 in his hand. In the bag on his belt is a hand cannon... He diplomatically points his gun at the right person and kindly asks to release his minions and other captured IKAROS members. The ropes around my arms loosen up and our commander gives us an important mission. He needs to get back to HQ unharmed and must not be captured, since the higher-ups want to “have a chat” with him about what had happened in the village.
Easy mission, we mount up on our silver King Cab and drive off. Our commander asks us to sing happy songs to cheer him up, as he is most likely about to be executed upon his arrival back to base, and we start singing the gummi bear song.
Not knowing the road has not yet been fixed, we take the main road back to town and meet no resistance. As we come up the dirt road we see five blue GCT-cars parked close to the destroyed road. Next to the cars are a lot of dead people, and those who are still alive work hard in the sun with shovels to mend the road (jk, they’re just standing there, enjoying the sun).
We slowly drive past the first two cars and are then stopped by a confused soldier. He ask us "are you alive?", a bit confused and with hands on his gun.
Our driver, with desperation in his voice answers "yes". I break the silence by without thinking blurting out "let us pass, we have the commander in the car...." Upon hearing this the GCT shine up and my squad leader with death in her eyes (nickname "Girl.") says in Swedish; "men hall käften, idiotjävel!", which roughly translates into “Shut up you fucking moron”.
GCT point guns at us and one of them order us to step out of the car. Meanwhile the commander in the passenger seat sends a message to HQ; "I Will be late for the meeting, I've been captured."
They search us and tie us down with rope (LARP!), and order us to sit on the ground. We oblige. I find a sharp rock on the ground and start cutting my rope. We see how our commander, Girl and a random Norweigan guy we picked up on the way get knocked out and loaded into different vehicles.
Our friend fluffy was not searched well enough so he still had a hidden scorpion in his platecarrier. He fires and hits them all.... Except the medic. The medic kills him on the spot. Another guy nicked "Buttboy" has pulled out an LMG and now aims it at those who are still alive.
Sadly we had all forgot about the car behind us so the turret turned toward us and they told us to drop our weapons one last time. This time we were under constant guard.
Tied down to the ground I make one last Miserable attempt of escape by rolling towards the woods. GCT do not like this and put a gun to my face. I roll back to my original position.
The vehicles carrying our teammates drive off toward the blue base, and that is the last thing I see before I feel the sharp blade to my throat and all I can do is gargle blood. My eyes feel heavy as I draw my last breath.
"Knife kill".

22-Apollo
Newbee
Newbee

Post by 22-Apollo » 30 Jun 2015, 21:45

Felix wrote:After the first GCT night raid on Krasnovo, I went back to my house to go to bed. As I am opening the door I hear "shhhhh".

There is an airborne soldier sitting in my loft.

We make a care package with drinks and snacks and a sausage and pass it to him, humming the theme from "Allo Allo" while we do it. A sleeping bag was provided.

(Incredibly overcomplicated) plans were made to smuggle him out of town in disguise.

Turns out the guy left some time in the morning like a shamefull one night stand.
That would be me! I hid there because a little bird told me it was great as a snipers nest against the incoming Ikaros infantry. Little did I know that our mission was complete, and all the blues retreated as the reds moved in.
Now, I could have taken a few reds out, but I wanted to see how long I could stay hidden.
I would have gone through with the smugling plan, had it not been for the unknown consequences of the "--- SPAM !!! ---" leaving my stomach in an uproar. I left around 4.30 with stomach pains, and I didn't get back to base until 6 AM. But it was hell of a lot of fun!

PS. I was Psy-ops, not para.inf.! :)

Another awesome moment was when I heard a firefight between Mechs of both the GCT and Ikaros on the road towards CP10. I was under the impression that the reds were on my left towards the road and the blues towards the right. I slowly but surely made my way towards the right to the GCT, and exited the clearing of the woods. Little did I realize that the sides were opposite, and I was now standing in front of a sea of red mechs and infantry. I walked up to the red commander calmly with my weapon lowered and asked him "Are you all dead?". He looked puzzled and answered "No". To this I said "Okay!" and aimed right at his chest and put two rounds in him, before I swung around towards the other soldiers and caused semi auto mayhem. I believe I got one or two more before I took a round to the face. I got healed up and was taken prisoner with my hands bound and weapons confiscated. "Lets torture him!", they said. "No! He's norwegian! We don't torture norwegians, they're cool!". I was shown around as a trophy before I was promtly knifekilled, and had to walk back to base. Fun times!
Last edited by 22-Apollo on 01 Jul 2015, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

B2fox
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by B2fox » 01 Jul 2015, 10:15

fruhest wrote:
In the end, I pushed one bloke of his chair when he tried to lay his arm around me, "Big guy with shiny nose" had a catfight with one of the norweigans, and "Toy boy" successfully destroyed the printer without anyone noticing.
Frantic police stormed the building and the biker gang were sad that they had been left out.

I have been told one of the norweigans filmed the entire brawl, I'll return with the link as soon as I get it.
I were some of the frantic police :D
Actually it was the craving for a cop of cofee, that brought us towards the bar.
But when we reached the backside of the building all hell broke loose, on the inside.
Thinking "YES finally some fun" I drew my pistol, and charged in. First view were confusing, since I expected civilians fighting, but were met with a bunch of Ikaros soldiers going at it (and yes I, for one had a moment of doubt, if it was for real or not :mrgreen: )
But peoble god their hands up quickly, order was restored, and the respective officers, took over.
Then we got our cofee, and went topside, to follow the military proceedings.
Absolutly one of the cool moments this year ! :D
Nikolaj "B2" Poulsen - Team ILD I PIBEN

http://www.ildipiben.com
-----------------------------
B11 & B12: Ravens
B13: IKAROS Tank driver/Platoon leader
B14: NAF Delta
B15 & B16: Mercenaries "IIP Services"
B17: Bandits aka Local hunter
B18: Yes when ever then is.....

fruhest
Corporal
Corporal

Post by fruhest » 01 Jul 2015, 14:54

B2fox wrote:
fruhest wrote:

I were some of the frantic police :D
Actually it was the craving for a cop of cofee, that brought us towards the bar.
But when we reached the backside of the building all hell broke loose, on the inside.
Thinking "YES finally some fun" I drew my pistol, and charged in. First view were confusing, since I expected civilians fighting, but were met with a bunch of Ikaros soldiers going at it (and yes I, for one had a moment of doubt, if it was for real or not :mrgreen: )
But peoble god their hands up quickly, order was restored, and the respective officers, took over.
Then we got our cofee, and went topside, to follow the military proceedings.
Absolutly one of the cool moments this year ! :D
Haha yeah, we all stopped pretty quickly when our commander drew his gun...
I don't know if this link works, but here is the video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6n33o1gjv5l9c ... 9.MOV?dl=0
Yay, airsoft!

Verage
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Verage » 01 Jul 2015, 15:51

To many good moments,

One of my favourites would be : Close protection of Ford, Vinni and Mike(?) into Krasnovo. (I think when the Queen had been shot)
Het just entered the building and all hell broke loose.
Luckely there were 2 belgian Iltis Jeeps on the road, yelled at them to secure the road. Got ford and Mike(?) in the first one under heavy fire. Using our body's to save the Generals. Drove off shooting with 8-9 people in the first Iltis and some more in the second (Vinni was in the second one NOT TAKING COVER :D ) Some guys were running in front and back of the jeeps cause there was no more space in the car, and it was to hot to stop, Quick stop, everybody in the Cars and RTB.

The Gate was closed, a Hermes Police (?) who was told to let no one trough the gate. Starten shouting at us, STEP OUT!
Ford jumped out of the car and start yelling and him, OPEN THE GATE!
The Police drew his gun and pointed it to Ford, and said, Sir, please stand back i do not want to shoot you.
The Girl of Cerberus stept in between the gun and ford so the gun was aimed at her chest.
Still yelling, OPEN THE F***ING GATE! // NO CAN DO SIR! STAND BACK!

Suddenly we heard somebody yell, LET THEM TROUGH!

The Guard, had put his pistol away and said, sorry sir, i have my orders.

That was intens :D

Keea
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Keea » 01 Jul 2015, 19:39

The most fun I had in Berget 13 was larping with the Ikaros as my civilian character. On the first day I was imprisoned and interrogated with no results (and for no apparent reason), but on the next day I was taken to the Ikaros Base by The Kult Of Rico, who were trying to seed out past enemies of Rico as well as current and former GCT spies I suppose.

My best Berget moment must have been when I tried to escape the Ikaros base. It basically seemed impossible, since the place was naturally swarming with soldiers and I was surrounded by a bunch of them pointing their guns at me. I was seated in front of the interrogator. The Ikaros served me some water since I was thirsty, and I was planning to throw the water in the interrogator's face as a distraction and then make a run for it. At some point they started talking in Finnish (which they didn't seem to realize that I spoke, too) how they would use truth serum on me, and told one of the guys to go fetch some from inside. I realized this was my last chance run if I didn't want to spill all my information, but at this point they were pulling the water cup out of my hands to go "refill" it (sneakily with the truth serum) inside. I had no option but to let them take it, so on to distraction plan B... The oldest trick in the book. I waited for the few guys to go inside to fetch the serum and then looked to my right and went... "Hey, what's that?" and most turn to face the direction. Immediately I spring up from my seat and start sprinting in the opposite direction, behind the corner of a house and then underneath a tarpaulin cover, straight into the woods. I think I must've had the biggest adrenaline rush of my life with a dozen Ikaros soldiers running and yelling after me. I don't think I've ever run that fast in my life. I actually remember having the thought "I'm getting away! I'm getting away! HOLY SHIT I'M GETTING AWAY" until my glasses got knocked off my face by a tree branch and I had to turn around and put them back on. This obviously slowed me down as well as confused me so they ended up shooting me pretty soon after as I tried to climb a rock to safety. I keep wondering how it would've gone if that hadn't happened, but I guess we'll never know!

Despite being captured again in the end, I still find it a hilarious story and it was definitely an exciting moment. They even executed the guy who was responsible for guarding me I think, haha. The best part was, after the whole episode they forgot about the truth serum! :D So I suppose it was definitely worth the try!
B12: GCT IU - Sasha Keea
B13: Civilian + GCT Rangers - Saeek Ashâ (flower girl) AKA Sasha Keea