Nightvision?

Topics and things concerning this game.
Hansman007
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Nightvision?

Post by Hansman007 » 14 Feb 2007, 14:36

Hi,

I want to ask how dark it's actually getting in that Area of Sweden where the Game is located and if Nightvision Goggles are requierd for proper Gaming at night?

CU

Hansman

Müller

Post by Müller » 14 Feb 2007, 14:55

Since Sweden's located so far north the sun only sets for a few hours during summertime, and the higher up in sweden you get, the less "darktime" you get... In Stockholm we get maybe 2-3 hours of drakness, but up in Härnösand Im guessing that that number would go down to tops 2 hours of darkness (these are only guesses)... so in general, no, it never gets that dark so that one mifght need NODS... I, however, will prob. buy myself a set of Gen 2+ NODs, mainly for my role as an SF operative, but also because I love using NODs and they can prove very handy....

JJ

Post by JJ » 14 Feb 2007, 20:08

Outdoors in the open on a cloud-free night I would say that NVGs would be a disadvantage for you. However in areas with dense vegetation and plenty of shade or if there are clouds covering the sky you might have a slight advantage during the dark hours with a pair of NVGs.

This picture was taken at 02:30 AM during Berget 3. I know the exposure time is pretty long but the sun is already up so you can imagine that it doesn't get very dark around midnight.

Thermal vision FTW. :roll:

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 19 Feb 2007, 15:38

NVGs will probably be overkill. At the most, they can be used one hour a day. But even then i can imagine that they are only slightly better than your normal vision.

Northern sweden: The part which is always bright at summer and always dark at winter ^^

NIN
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by NIN » 19 Feb 2007, 22:04

Maybe they can be of use inside the fortress in CQB. But ask yourself do you want to use nv-goggles when people are likely to shoot at them from pretty close range?
Last edited by NIN on 20 Feb 2007, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
Churn/HQ Berget 11
Gamemaster Berget 9-10
Head of security Berget 6-8r
GM Spetznas Berget 5
Master SF, Berget 3
Tjetcheny Rebels Berget 2
Project Assistant Berget 1

Hansman007
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by Hansman007 » 20 Feb 2007, 11:34

Thank you for your answers!