Turning against friendly units

General information about our next game summer 2016.
Berget-events
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Turning against friendly units

Post by Berget-events » 17 Oct 2016, 09:23

There have been reports and incidents in past Bergets where deliberate assassinations of commanders and friendly units without any overall mission or plot supporting them.

We are looking into make a rule to forbid deliberate friendly fire and knife stabbings to prevent this. Both in the way of making it "cheating" and the exposed commander/player can "ignore" the kill/hit and instant-re-spawn when it happens.

We believe that most of these situations causes more harm and "bad will" to the game and team morale.

Please give us your thoughts, should deliberate "blue on blue" be forbidden?

NOTE !
This is not involving civilians and larp ( they tend to kill, poison and backstab themself all the time)
Berget-events

Please send general questions to:
info@berget-events.com

Please send payment questions to:
payment@berget-events.com

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Re: Turning against friendly units

Post by L4gi » 17 Oct 2016, 09:25

Finally. Would also get rid of all these mind control pills and shit like that.

Support this 110%
B7 / B8 / B9 / B10 / B11 / B12 / B13 / B14 / B15 / B16 / B17

pekezu
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by pekezu » 17 Oct 2016, 09:45

Yes, killing your own commander without any specific plot reason and without confirming it from the game master should be possible to ignore.

I'd like to claim that even though Berget isn't as milsim as it could be it still wants to be a milsim- style of game. IRL you probably wouldn't have easy access to commanding officers and so on. Of course in berget you can access your commanders easily since they are usually just located near the base in a tent or a hut where they do their planning and stuff. It's also nonsense to set 24/7 personal guards for commanders what in real life would be very usual. At least I'm not into paying couple of hundred euros to just guard a Commander the whole game.

I also recommend to remove the possibility of hijacking enemy vehicles and driving them to enemy base for the same reason: In real situation someone would be tracking all the vehicles inbound/outbound from base. Non responding vehicle would probably be stopped before entering the base. Anyone up to play the game as a secretary just checking vehicles inbound/outbound?
B14 - Civilian
B15 - ?

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Post by Hazardous » 17 Oct 2016, 09:56

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do not the rules forbid others that the owner of a vehicle to drive it (or a person that is appointed to drive that vehicle)?

So hijacking a vehicle would be against the rules both in the way that you are driving a vehicle that is not yours to drive or if you convince the driver, then you are turning against your own team there for also breaking the rules.
-Mike
B8: NAF 3rd Ranger
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B11: Head of Rico's bodyguards
B12: Blood Raven - 2IC
B13: IKAROS Cerberus - 2IC
B14: Arrival of my first born
B15: UPIR Command
B16: Merc

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 17 Oct 2016, 09:58

5 out of 5. Very good improvement!

Also, as a joke: mysterious disease again? Just as I found cure for one. WHO must really not be doing their jobs in Bergetverse :D.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 17 Oct 2016, 09:59

About time. Nonm-essential LARP items towards your own team are really unnecessary. If you are a civilian or an enemy and manage to kill the commander, kudos for you. Blue on blue pill-knife-party just sucks.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 17 Oct 2016, 10:02

Hazardous, it is yeah, but when blue players agree to drive you into the base cause theyre bored or whatever is a thing. Had it happen last year, which is why I like this change.

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 17 Oct 2016, 10:07

Hazardous wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but do not the rules forbid others that the owner of a vehicle to drive it (or a person that is appointed to drive that vehicle)?

So hijacking a vehicle would be against the rules both in the way that you are driving a vehicle that is not yours to drive or if you convince the driver, then you are turning against your own team there for also breaking the rules.
The referenced incident was one from B14 where a teams of reds 'hijacked' a blue vehicle by capturing the driver and convincing them to drive back to base with the red team inside.
This isn't as much treason as it is being ordered to do so at gunpoint. Treating that as cheating would also extend to disclosing information under interrogation that leads to friendly casualties.
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

pekezu
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by pekezu » 17 Oct 2016, 10:39

M.Koho wrote:5 out of 5. Very good improvement!

Also, as a joke: mysterious disease again? Just as I found cure for one. WHO must really not be doing their jobs in Bergetverse :D.
Next berget: NAF detonates mysterious Dr. (insert color here) with 20kg's of C4. Everyone gets blue and green pills which will cover them from the viruses and poisons for the rest of their lives.

Berget 16: The mysterious Dr. (insert color here) has been reconstructed from the nail of his thumb and he has created a deadly poison which has infected NAF.

"Nah I didn't read the prequels"
B14 - Civilian
B15 - ?

L4gi
Captain
Captain

Post by L4gi » 17 Oct 2016, 10:43

vinni wrote:The referenced incident was one from B14 where a teams of reds 'hijacked' a blue vehicle by capturing the driver and convincing them to drive back to base with the red team inside.
This isn't as much treason as it is being ordered to do so at gunpoint. Treating that as cheating would also extend to disclosing information under interrogation that leads to friendly casualties.
Just kill everyone and we can enjoy the pewpew. :wank:

Genocide
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Genocide » 17 Oct 2016, 17:12

I really cant see where hijacking is illegal.

The blue driver was shot, healed, bribed(larp) and upon arrivel into blue base shot by reds before red left the car to assasinate blue HQ.

So no friendly fire what so ever...
B8 NAF 5th Infantry
B9 NAF 1st Mech
B10 Company CO NAF 2nd Mech
B11 Company CO Ravens guerilla mech
B12 Battalion CO Ravens guerilla mech
B13 Battalion CO Ikaros Mech

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 17 Oct 2016, 17:18

Genocide wrote:I really cant see where hijacking is illegal.

The blue driver was shot, healed, bribed(larp) and upon arrivel into blue base shot by reds before red left the car to assasinate blue HQ.

I would say that mainly the problem was that players assumed it to be against the rules since you can't take anyone's ingame vehicle. There is no clear statement on the rules, there should be, for or against, I don't care as long as rules state something. The drug thing goes then to the LARP discussion, is it feasible or not. On gunpoint, no one on their right mind would give any enemy a ride to your own base.

But yeah...
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

grasulas
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by grasulas » 19 Oct 2016, 21:39

Genocide wrote:I really cant see where hijacking is illegal.

Come on guys stop this shit with "we force him at the gun point " some of us know the game and how "friends" from the enemy team tends to take the revenge on the commander they don`t like or if they just want to have some "fun". I have been offered to buy the enemy commander, assassinate or contract them to assassinate the poor man just because they don`t like it, it was OK by the rules but still lame.

Yea we know it is in the Berget rules what you guys did with the Blue car last year but this dose not mean it was in the spirit of the game, how about we use good old killing, no more cloak and dagger shit ...

vinni
Colonel
Colonel

Post by vinni » 20 Oct 2016, 13:44

Asymmetric warfare has been a staple of Red operations for years, and is something conventional forces face just as well in real life.

I understand that it is annoying, maybe even frustrating, to encounter. We had a similar issue on B13, which resulted in _every_ vehicle being denied access to the base until it had been searched and allowed in.
That included the vehicles that rescued the 5-star general from a firefight in the town. (I believe the player denying access was executed a bit later, but that's just how Ford rolls :P )

And don't knock the cloak and dagger, I live for that shit :D
B6: NATO
B7: Orlov Corp
B8: Poldavian III Mntrs
B9: Poldavian III Mntrs
BX: Poldavian BRF
BXI: Blood Raven Recon
BXII: Blood Raven CO
BXIII: Cerberus BAT CO
BXIV: UPIR Senior Management
BXV: UPIR HQ resident cripple
BXVI: UPIR old fart
BXVII: GFM HQ
BXVIII: GFM HQ

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 20 Oct 2016, 19:07

For me gun pointing some one to do something is ok, after all anyone can say nah mate and respawn in 30 minutes. Keeping in mind that blue on blue would not be ok.

Bribing is something I found out little annoying last year, no matter how much proof we had on UPIR they always bribed every civilians, even those who had witnessed some of the atrocities. In real life, I don't believe people would this easily turned after they have seen so much. But then again, I would have probably done the same if it was possible and thea easiest way.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras