ticket for Berget 15

General information about our next game summer 2016.
Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Re: ticket for Berget 15

Post by Switchback » 01 Nov 2016, 18:01

flix wrote: One should be able to book the group at once.
And then we will have small 3 man teams stuck without the opportunity to get into the smaller units. The system works fine as is, everyone is responsible for their own ticket. It's not perfect, but alas.
flix wrote: UPIR mech is out for most people with the new rules = NAF mech fully booked quick as hell
Remember, NAF as a full team filled up extremely quick, both Inf and Mech. Inf has currently 391 players, NAF Mech has 400. That's a lot of vehicles, assuming 5 people to a vehicle NAF is going to have in the area of 80ish vehicles (This may be a high estimate). If you want to play on UPIR Mech, add some more armor to your vehicle. It doesn't need to be a lot to be honest. Additionally, Vehicles have the problem of only being able to be on roads. Aka Ambush Central.

And with how the storyline is set up, it sounds like UPIR will have control of the map pre-game, with NAF Trying to breach the lines to resupply/"Save" the stranded NAF INF units. Which would be really cool.
flix wrote: Since it will most likely be more (in this case) merc tickets released. Then it should not be a problem.
I would not count on this. And what's ironic is according to Berget Lore, UPIR is a mercenary company.

With the current team spread, It would make sense UPIR contracts the Mercenaries to fight for them. Maybe you can join a joint UPIR-Mercenary task force to eliminate the NAF.
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18: Wait and Find Out ;)

flix
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by flix » 01 Nov 2016, 18:20

One of the main problems is still that Berget tries to get people to pay for tickets before getting in to their preffered team. If they because of group limit, so be it. But if Berget doesn't want to transfer someone because he/she hasn't payed yet, that is an issue.
Last edited by flix on 11 May 2017, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Waicheun
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Waicheun » 02 Nov 2016, 05:03

tbh,,,the system works just fine, it gives everyone an equal chance to get in a preferred team.

I mean in the first few hours 1000-1500 people signed up...and the count is now up to 1800

if you would enable group booking you'd end up with 1 guy ordering just all merc tickets at once. so lets say
you got 30 friends...it means 29 can stay in bed while 1 person with decent internet claims 30 tickets (while 29
other people also tried..so why should the 29 people get tickets before the other 29 that actually tried? Yes booking
as a group is fun and easy..its however not fair to other groups who also like a try.

I mean...2000 players...only a small percentage can become merc (just example faction) why should have anyone have
more right then others? if you really got split up...well sorry take another unit..you cant demand your group to stay
toghether for something ''exclusive''

atleats...thats my perspective;) I just go with UPIR infantry. good fun with friends

and then a question from me...how come NAF is so much more popular then UPIR?

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 02 Nov 2016, 05:15

Waicheun wrote:and then a question from me...how come NAF is so much more popular then UPIR?
Because NAF has some of the most popular camos. Multicam in particular, but also Norwegian Woodland (BE calls it M98, but that's wrong), Swedish, Marpat, ATACS...

Last year BE moved some camos that used to be Red Side camos, like M98, over to the blue side. They had to do something, as the Red Side was a lot more popular than the blue side at Bergets 8 through 13, but I think they swung the pendulum too far.

I think BE should have some kind of poll or questionaire given out to players at check in, where they ask which uniforms players will be using, and which they would prefer to use if they could use whatever they wanted. With that info at hand, they can rearrange the uniform options for B16 to try and get an even 50/50 split between sides.
I suggested this last year too.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Obi-San » 02 Nov 2016, 09:14

Eh, this camo rules dont really work - quite a lot of players dont really care about camo rules and wear whatever they want.
Armband is one that counts.
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B8 - Civilian Field Intelligence
B9 - Home Support Team
B10 - Mountaineers Foreign Legion
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B15 - NAF infantry. All of it
B16 - UPIR shareholder
B17 - TF Gecko

DocBHSC
Newbee
Newbee

Insane business model

Post by DocBHSC » 02 Nov 2016, 14:20

I honestly can't see how anyone can defend the business model Berget practices. It goes like this:

"Thank you for your registration. We want you to pay 1500 euros for your team's tickets"
"But wait- we are all scattered and we had communication with you beforehand where you said you'd move us to the same team"
"Only if you pay first"
"Ok, great, and then you'll move us?"
'' Maybe ''
"Seriously? Ok, but if you can't give us the team we want we get our money back, right?"
"No"
"What? Come on, its 1500 Euros! And YOU recommended us to choose civilians to be transferred from. We don't want to play civilians!"
" Too bad. Now pay."
"COME ON. You want us to pay 1500 euros and then HOPE to get our moneys worth?! Who does that? That's insane! If you just guarantee us a place together we'll pay instantly, of course. But this is just sick!"
"Thank you for your opinion. Good luck with your tickets."

That last line is an actual quote from the communication with Berget Crew. I have NEVER in my 12 years of playing airsoft, or anywhere else outside of the Soviet Union, experienced this nonchalant, authoritarian and bad service.
They want you to pay (a fair amount) for a service that they refuse to specify. Come the f ON!

HerrNilson
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by HerrNilson » 02 Nov 2016, 18:07

Or Berget could waste man hours moving people around who never pay. Its great people have booked tickets, but in reality it doesnt count until they are paid for.

There are a set number of tickets for each faction in order to balance the game. Berget accommodate split teams by moving people if they have not managed to get their ticket. I didn't get the side I wanted last year, and I got moved, so did many other I played with.

Berget has gotten a tonne of stick in previous years for not attempting to balance and now they are getting stick for not utilising a system that would be prone to exploitation by scalpers. Screwed if you do and screwed if you don't. The important thing is that since the restricting of team numbers was brought in we have seen improvements during the event in terms of balance.
Berget 10 - Pol 3 MNT 3 Coy
Berget 11 - GCT SIDU
Berget 12 - PMC Hatchet 1-1
Berget 13 - Para Inf Alpha 3 (BAVS)
Berget 14 - Alpha Company - Alpha 1-0
Berget 15 - Pathfinders
Berget 16 - NAF HQ 2IC

Medved {VAL-St.Pet.}
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Medved {VAL-St.Pet.} » 02 Nov 2016, 18:54

Berget crew could be not very fast... but there are no any reasons to not trust them.
When ticket paid there were a lot of examples when people were moved between sides.

May be there are needs to make some more flexible rules for camo for reds.
Anyway there are possibility to play for red side for any team.
BERGET-10 Poldavian 3rd Mountaineers
BERGET-11 Privatе Mining Company
BERGET-12 General Orlov PMC
BERGET-13 IKORP CERBER.RUS

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Post by Hazardous » 02 Nov 2016, 19:00

Do remember that if a team is full, it is full. The cold truth is that first come first serve. If you wish to get transferred, BE will put you on "the list" but same goes there, first come, first serve.

Once unpaid tickets are removed, players will be shuffled around, but keep in mind that to maintain some kind of a balance on the two main factions, everyone can't be moved if the balance is too uneven even if there are enough unpaid tickets that where removed.

Fingers crossed and keep hopes up, that is all I can give you from my experience if you didn't manage to get a ticket to the faction you wished for.
-Mike
B8: NAF 3rd Ranger
B9: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B10: NAF 3rd Ranger - PlSgt
B11: Head of Rico's bodyguards
B12: Blood Raven - 2IC
B13: IKAROS Cerberus - 2IC
B14: Arrival of my first born
B15: UPIR Command
B16: Merc

igariokas
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by igariokas » 02 Nov 2016, 19:04

I don't think it is about camo. At least for Merc group. They don't have any camo :)

What I don't understand is that usually there are very little amount or people who want to LARP during Bergets. We had real problem filling up the LARP teams, like bandits from b14 or demeter from b13, or civilians during any game.

But this year suddenly the main LARP unit is filled up in under 5 minutes. Why?

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Post by Hazardous » 02 Nov 2016, 19:10

6mm and their followers are going Merc this year, my guess is that they occupy most of the 60 Merc tickets (and a good portion of civilians) :wink:
-Mike

Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Switchback » 02 Nov 2016, 20:17

igariokas wrote:What I don't understand is that usually there are very little amount or people who want to LARP during Bergets. We had real problem filling up the LARP teams, like bandits from b14 or demeter from b13, or civilians during any game.

Probably because the LARP units where not combat oriented. However, it seems that people thing the unaffiliated Mercs are going to be combat oriented by nature of their name as "Mercenaries".

This is partially why I didn't pick up a Merc ticket, I was afraid I would not see a lot of frontline combat with LARP rolled in. That and its sort of hard flying from the USA with a Tent in addition to my Airsoft gear.
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18: Wait and Find Out ;)

surface
Private
Private

Post by surface » 03 Nov 2016, 06:44

flix wrote:And to clarify. Since it will most likely be more (in this case) merc tickets released. Then it should not be a problem.

If you look at the playerlist mentioned earlier the stats for each branch look like this (as of now):

Team: NAF Infantry | Players: 391
Team: UPIR Infantry | Players: 393
Team: NAF Mechanized | Players: 400
Team: UPIR Heavy Weapon & Demolition unit | Players: 66
Team: NAF Ranger & Reconnance unit | Players: 151
Team: Mercenaries | Players: 60
Team: UPIR IRON Skulls | Players: 80
Team: UPIR Shadows | Players: 86
Team: UPIR PsyOps | Players: 31
Team: Civilan | Players: 103
Team: NAF Medical & Field Hospital unit | Players: 50
Where was this detailed information found?

Hazardous
Captain
Captain

Post by Hazardous » 03 Nov 2016, 06:51

Ctrl + F is your friend :)
-Mike

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 03 Nov 2016, 09:58

igariokas wrote:I don't think it is about camo. At least for Merc group. They don't have any camo :)

What I don't understand is that usually there are very little amount or people who want to LARP during Bergets. We had real problem filling up the LARP teams, like bandits from b14 or demeter from b13, or civilians during any game.

My personal belief is that alot of people like the mixed combat/larp.
Bandits last year had a good time, but they all wanted to use weapons more. So here we are with the mercs.

Naturally when people see that larp very much can be mixed with shooting , its going to increase. And if b15 turn out good for the mercs , im sure it will improve even more for the year after.

But with that said, its not ment to be a 3d team. Its ment to be a small group, therefor the tickets need to be very limited compared to the big teams.
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com