Open fire on the base.

General information about our next game summer 2016.
doshch
Private
Private

Open fire on the base.

Post by doshch » 10 Apr 2017, 21:20

There will be a blanket ban on fire at Berget games, meaning that no fire will be permitted except in specially designated areas. This ban covers anything with a flame, including camping stoves and candles.

The question is, - how shall we cook? Some of us does not used to eat raw meat and worms. I do understand open camping fire is bad for woods, but camping stoves ... Is"nt it to much? Thous are safe and lets people have warm food. I hope it is not the way to make people eat the Berget food, which is not there at night and not every body happy about.

Crapgame
Berget Trustee
Berget Trustee

Re: Open fire on the base.

Post by Crapgame » 10 Apr 2017, 21:57

there is always designated fire pits in the bases for open fires and probably for cooking appliances(?)
B5: Allied
B6: Nato
B7: Nato HQ
B8: Poldavian 3rd QRF
B9: Poldavian 5th
B10: Poldavian 15th Sappers
B11: Blood Raven HQ
B12: Yuri Orlov Mercs QRF
B13: Ikaros Mech
B14: NAF Mech
B15: NAF Mech
B16: NAF Mech
B18: GCT Mech
Swedish & Finnish: living/working in Finland

doshch
Private
Private

Post by doshch » 11 Apr 2017, 17:27

there is always designated fire pits in the bases for open fires and probably for cooking appliances
And the Moon is made of green cheese :D
There was one fire pit last year on NAF base, and it was alive first in game day, when nobody cares about it. People get wet and cold a bit later. I do agree with the open fire strict rules. Every body can start the fire, not every body can treat it right. Some can not see difference between alive and dead tree, or does not care about it.
It sucks to spend a week in the woods without open fire, but it is reasonable, - we save the woods. But what is the reason to ban camping stoves? What can it destroy? People who can cook outdoor knows how to treat such a devises. Thous who does not, - have a friend who does. otherwise they are trained to eat raw meat and warms :(
If BE ban camping stoves in safety reasons, than they have to ban all of the players who smokes, because untreated cigarette is much, much, more dangerous for woods than camping stoves, which is allways under sight of many eyes. Extremely bad side of smoking are stubs. Most of them rest in peace deep in the woods, and we are lucky if they was killed. Other wise this is extremely dangerous sours of open fire and toxic chemicals. I know that BE has kindley asked to keep stubs to themselves, but being ornest, have you ever seeing one who does? And what about passive smoking? Etc.Why would@nt BE ban smoking?
How shall we warm up water for tee and coffe if it going to be cold like on Berget 13? And what kind of cooking appliances des BE provided last year? If thay will, Will it provide enough space for 10-20 persons? And we are about 500.
Open fire, agree, it sucks but reasonable. But why can"nt we have ability to have warm water what ever time we need it.

JCastor
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by JCastor » 12 Apr 2017, 13:42

There has always been a ban against open fires during Berget.
We were very nervous about this the first time we went but was told on site that the ban is in place to stop people from making a fire in the middle of the woods.
There has (at least on the red side) always been a bunch of fires going in camp, we always make a safe fireplace and use dry branches from the woods and we have never been in any trouble because of this.
Stoves is as far as I know ok all over the area.

Berget crew, please correct me if I am wrong here but the rules should say something in the lines of:
Don't make any open fires while outside the base and when using stoves or burners to cook, be careful.
If you make a fire in base, make sure you do it in a safe way, ask an official if uncertain.

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk
B10 - Poldavian 5th Inf. - 2:nd Squad-leader
B11 - Ravens Inf. - Squad-leader
B12 - Ravens Inf. - Pl-leader
B13 - Ikaros inf. - Pl-leader
B14 - UPIR Inf. - Pl-leader
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolitions
B16 - Absent 😔
B17 - GFM inf.
B18 - GFM inf. - Pl-leader

doshch
Private
Private

Post by doshch » 12 Apr 2017, 16:16

the rules should say something in the lines of:
Don't make any open fires while outside the base and when using stoves or burners to cook, be careful.
If you make a fire in base, make sure you do it in a safe way, ask an official if uncertain.
That is exactly what I (and I believe many of us) would like to read in the rules.
There has (at least on the red side) always been a bunch of fires going in camp
Last year on NAF base there was no fire at all, exept first day. Well, we could cook on camping stoves. The rules says FIRE HAZARDS
There will be a blanket ban on fire at Berget games, meaning that no fire will be permitted except in specially designated areas.This ban covers anything with a flame, including camping stoves and candles
It is not clear. That is why this topic appeared. What BE means except in specially designated areas? Is it the only fire pit on the base, like last year on NAF base? Or, may we could (would be great) have some like this. It is safe. does not harm the ground, can not be overloaded ...-.If it is necessary it could be equipped with the fire extinguisher. The small one, every body has in the car should be enough.
Attachments
9eb7cd57a9ed12a41f37cf8426f1f369.jpg
9eb7cd57a9ed12a41f37cf8426f1f369.jpg (10.14 KiB) Viewed 12453 times

Helvetica
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Helvetica » 12 Apr 2017, 19:17

Last Berget, we played on the NAF-side and we wanted to build a fireplace (a save one, away from trees, with Stones around etc.) BE-Crew went to us and told us, we are not allowed to build such a fireplace directly on the ground, so we organised some solid metal plates and put them on Stones and built our fire on this. BE-Crew went to our camp, checked it and told us, its ok like that (We had at least 2 fire extinguisher around).

I hope, they mean "There will be a blanket ban on fire at Berget games, meaning that no fire will be permitted except in specially designated areas.This ban covers anything with a flame, including camping stoves and candles" for like, you cant us anything like that just in the Woods, but in the maincamps, you are allowed to use Camping stoves or such.

We have never had Problems building a good fireplace, which you can use, even if its raining (unlike the ones from BE), we always contactet the HQ or BE-Crew...
B12 - GCT Border Police, Swiss-OPs
B13 - GCT Infantry, 3rd Platoon, Swiss-OPs
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 1, Swiss-OPs
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolition Unit, Swiss-OPs
B16 - NAF Infantry, Alpha-03, Swiss-OPs, Platoonleader
B17 - 110:th Special Investigation Unit, ACE MP
B18 - Cult Member

Obi-San
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Obi-San » 12 Apr 2017, 20:05

Last year on NAF base there was at least 3 official approved fire places, one in the middle of base, and two on the sides. And when i walked around the fire burned there.
B7 - Orlov Mercs
B8 - Civilian Field Intelligence
B9 - Home Support Team
B10 - Mountaineers Foreign Legion
B11 - SVR Spetsnaz
B12 - Power Ranger
B13 - SADF Paras
B14 - Shadow of the NAF
B15 - NAF infantry. All of it
B16 - UPIR shareholder
B17 - TF Gecko

Helvetica
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Helvetica » 13 Apr 2017, 00:24

Obi-San wrote:Last year on NAF base there was at least 3 official approved fire places, one in the middle of base, and two on the sides. And when i walked around the fire burned there.
This is true and there were often sitting many players around and I joined them sometimes, good talks, funny time. But to prepare food, they werent that usefull, and when it was bad weather it was nearly impossible.

There were a lot of camping stoves around, and without, several hundred players would have to use one of three firepits to warm their food... Everyone can do the math
B12 - GCT Border Police, Swiss-OPs
B13 - GCT Infantry, 3rd Platoon, Swiss-OPs
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 1, Swiss-OPs
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolition Unit, Swiss-OPs
B16 - NAF Infantry, Alpha-03, Swiss-OPs, Platoonleader
B17 - 110:th Special Investigation Unit, ACE MP
B18 - Cult Member

doshch
Private
Private

Post by doshch » 13 Apr 2017, 07:02

There were a lot of camping stoves
We have had it to. And I want to make sure we will have it this year.
Fire pit... Personally I have seen 2. One about 60m away to our tent and the fire was there only first day, another one, it was a little gril not far, just beside the tent, does not belong to us, and was not useful because we would have to occupie it all(we are always 9 on Berget) As I wrote in my firs post, camping fire, - would be nice to have,*we was not ready to it last year, and it is our problem that no body rad the rules carefully). cooking stoves, - should be more clear in the rules. Rules that every body has to fallow and not thinking about may be, and could be.
I think the best way to get every thing right, is to hear it from officials.

jayod30
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jayod30 » 13 Apr 2017, 20:27

Every year I've been at Berget we have always dug a pit and made a fire. If this isn't the case this year so be it but when it comes to camping stoves I'm sorry, we are adults here, not children. I certainly won't be packing up my gear to bring it to a "zone" so I may make a cup of coffee or heat some food. It will be done by my tent as always has been done. Common sense needs to apply here
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.

B10-NAF-23rd Infantry-FOX2.3 Recon
B12 PMC UNISEC Sledgehammer 1.1

Wandall
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Wandall » 20 Apr 2017, 16:27

This is only one of numerous loosely explained rules in Bergets book. Couple of reasons for such a strict rule, that I can think of, are:

A sudden attack on the base at day and someone physically colliding with a open fire and thus letting it spread more ear less accidentally. Where as at night some sleepy person might trip over such set up. Guess it's a possibility when you think how horribly tired one might be when returning to base for instance.

Be it this or that WRITE THE DAMNED RULE SO CLEARLY THAT WE DO NOT NEED TO SPECULATE SO MUCH! Neither would us, players, bombard your email and phone that much with rules interpretation questions.

Cheers
"One shot, One kill." "First to aid, last to die."