7%
1 - Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 56

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 30 Jun 2018, 18:23

Let us know What you think about the capture system and the factories this year!
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

surface
Private
Private

Re: Feedback: Factories and capture point system

Post by surface » 02 Jul 2018, 15:57

Good idea that all points were re-spawnable if you had it under control, bad part was that it was not properly communicated before (rules still says zone).

This area compared to 2 years ago in Härnösand is much bigger for infantery so zones wasn't suitable here from my point. +1 on new respawn point system

Torbjörn

Post by Torbjörn » 02 Jul 2018, 21:03

I agree with the above. It worked, but the rules differed from the actual function of the CP's, which wass very confusing.

Miksu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Miksu » 02 Jul 2018, 22:21

I don't have much to say about factories and capture point systems but I have something to say about those metal structures that are the actual factories like the tank factory.

We tried once to capture the tank factory and we hold most of the forest around it but it turns out almost impossible to capture since players inside the building have drilled holes to window covers (made out of wood) so they can just shoot blindly out of those, that happen last year also had a picture of it also posted somewhere in here. Then if the window didn't have the wooden closure plate they cover the window with backpack and stick the gun barrel out of the corner so they can shoot blindly out of there but nobody cant shoot them. We already had idea to send next year kill squad next to the wall with thick metal plates sized bigger than the windows are and then install them over the windows with HPA powered nail gun which hopefully do not fly thru the walls :mrgreen: Then cut a new door into that building with gasoline powered angle grinder, the same type of stuff that your local fire department use to cut ppl out of the crashed cars. Some one also had a great idea which would be maybe a bit safer than our kill squad idea. Put BAVS receiver on every corner of the building with huge amount of hit points so if you only hold the metal structure but not the forest around it, it would be possible to destroy the whole house by shooting it with AT4's and such.

This picture is from last year stronghold but the same happen this year at least in the tank factory also. Next year the least you guys as a BE Crew could do is to put there laminated paper over the every window which will state that modding the window or covering it somehow with anything is highly forbidden and is counting as cheating which lead to ban from the game. It is something that will make the capturing the build firstly totally unsafe when ppl are shooting out totally blindly and secondly too hard since you simply can't shoot out the guys from the windows. And since I didn't have protection level of ice hockey goalkeeper I decided to stay away from those buildings for my own safety.
B13 - GCT Mechanized
B14 - NAF Mechanized
B15 - NAF Mechanized
B16 - UPIR Recon

Cameron-115
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Cameron-115 » 03 Jul 2018, 19:26

Miksu wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 22:21
I don't have much to say about factories and capture point systems but I have something to say about those metal structures that are the actual factories like the tank factory.

We tried once to capture the tank factory and we hold most of the forest around it but it turns out almost impossible to capture since players inside the building have drilled holes to window covers (made out of wood) so they can just shoot blindly out of those, that happen last year also had a picture of it also posted somewhere in here. Then if the window didn't have the wooden closure plate they cover the window with backpack and stick the gun barrel out of the corner so they can shoot blindly out of there but nobody cant shoot them. We already had idea to send next year kill squad next to the wall with thick metal plates sized bigger than the windows are and then install them over the windows with HPA powered nail gun which hopefully do not fly thru the walls :mrgreen: Then cut a new door into that building with gasoline powered angle grinder, the same type of stuff that your local fire department use to cut ppl out of the crashed cars. Some one also had a great idea which would be maybe a bit safer than our kill squad idea. Put BAVS receiver on every corner of the building with huge amount of hit points so if you only hold the metal structure but not the forest around it, it would be possible to destroy the whole house by shooting it with AT4's and such.

This picture is from last year stronghold but the same happen this year at least in the tank factory also. Next year the least you guys as a BE Crew could do is to put there laminated paper over the every window which will state that modding the window or covering it somehow with anything is highly forbidden and is counting as cheating which lead to ban from the game. It is something that will make the capturing the build firstly totally unsafe when ppl are shooting out totally blindly and secondly too hard since you simply can't shoot out the guys from the windows. And since I didn't have protection level of ice hockey goalkeeper I decided to stay away from those buildings for my own safety.
We had the same issue at the turret factory this year. a force of almost 100 players were defeated by about 10 players inside the base. It was some of the worst cheating I've ever seen in berget, doors were held shut from the inside despite clear signs saying not to do so inside, engagement distances were not obeyed green tag players were using full auto against players just outside the base walls, players inside were using bags to cover up windows and just blind firing through small gaps in them. the windows in the base need to be much large to prevent this and the above mentioned idea of having a BAVS system on buildings like this is a great idea.

surface
Private
Private

Post by surface » 03 Jul 2018, 19:38

+1 on some BAVS setup for factory CP.

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 04 Jul 2018, 00:28

Controlling factories to get control of the tanks was a bad gimmick. I would not like to see it return next year.

Otherwise the CP's worked fine.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Gapperjack
Private
Private

Post by Gapperjack » 04 Jul 2018, 00:31

Only visited TF and GF, but the TF seemed much better. More like a little fortress. I liked the TF flag system, as it was easier to see who controlled it before approaching.
Berget 16 - UPIR PsyOps public relations field team ('Mr Morgan')

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 04 Jul 2018, 00:37

Yeah, the TF was the fort from last year, I think.
The little forts/factories themselves was fine - but holding them to control the tanks was a game-y gimmick that I seriously didn't like.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 04 Jul 2018, 07:55

My opinion is to remove these hell holes totally. I saw fist fights almost happening due to both sides disobeying the rules. These places are only major accidents waiting to happen. We were attacking the TF and I got to the wall. I was about to enter inside with my pistol when I noticed a blue player running X wise across the TF with full auto (huge ROF in his gun). I decided not to enter and "die", my teeth are more important than a structure gimmick ingame. People don't obey the rules, remove the bloody unecessary building. Also whole capture system has turned berget in to a one big capture flag/conquest game, everything is capture this and that, push a button and watch the interactive map. Where are the real missions with back stories etc? Where are the real convoys, not the ones in the web map? We didn't need this in the olden bergets, and what I have seen past couple of years, we don't need them now.

Or at least limit buildings and capture points as TF was to minimum, insert BAVS in to them and work out the problems so that cheating is minimized and no one hopefully looses their teeth and no fist fights happen.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

jdoe
Captain
Captain

Post by jdoe » 04 Jul 2018, 14:23

Windi^ wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 07:55
My opinion is to remove these hell holes totally. I saw fist fights almost happening due to both sides disobeying the rules. These places are only major accidents waiting to happen. We were attacking the TF and I got to the wall. I was about to enter inside with my pistol when I noticed a blue player running X wise across the TF with full auto (huge ROF in his gun). I decided not to enter and "die", my teeth are more important than a structure gimmick ingame. People don't obey the rules, remove the bloody unecessary building. Also whole capture system has turned berget in to a one big capture flag/conquest game, everything is capture this and that, push a button and watch the interactive map. Where are the real missions with back stories etc? Where are the real convoys, not the ones in the web map? We didn't need this in the olden bergets, and what I have seen past couple of years, we don't need them now.

Or at least limit buildings and capture points as TF was to minimum, insert BAVS in to them and work out the problems so that cheating is minimized and no one hopefully looses their teeth and no fist fights happen.
I agree, buildings that cannot be easily emptied with regular AS-weapons, should have BAVS. Otherwise they become a focal point for trouble when frustration builds up in and outside them.
B16 - The Firm / Gun for hire
B15 - CPT/HQ/FinBat
B10 - 1st Coy CO / Zansian "Black Guard" Btn XO
B8 - I/1.Coy/1st Pold.Inf, Platoon Ldr (Fox 1-0)
B7 - SRP Fox Platoon 2IC/Arty FO
B5 - FFF Oulu Platoon Ldr

Helvetica
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Helvetica » 04 Jul 2018, 16:50

I can totally agree with you all. First Thing, the CPs worked good and together with the online map, where you see all the CPs, it works out really good.

I liked the Thing about the different factorys, but in my opinion it was too much a Thing to control all of These.

I was defending the turret-factory once and I was inside. It was a big fight, and I have seen 95% of the Players (NAF Holding the fort and UPIR attacking) playing really fair. The ones in the Fort did not use those small wholes, just used the Windows etc. They even switched between their Rifles and Pistols, if they got too close. I liked the fact, that a GM arrived and spent about 20 Minutes in the fort and about 20 more minutes around. BUT there were some Player cheating. And some of the reds were Kind of frustrated and accused all of us cheating.

1st Thing: reds were attacking in the forest around the fort and we were at the Respawn. They startet Shooting into the respawn, even if we told them, nobody is in the area behind us. We used offgame-talk for that, but they continued. They even told us, we should f*** off, we werent allowed to use the respawn, while they are in the forest (still Holding the CP). We tried to do a deal, as i used to do it since 5 years, that instead of respawning there, we walk off at respawn time and go behind our own lines (not into the fort), wait several more minutes and respawn then. Usually worked fine, but this time we had to get the GM there, who told them, as Long as we were Holding the CP, we are allowed to respawn.

2nd Thing: The doors from the fort went open all the time, and we had a Player, Holding them Close. BUT we were not blocking or securing them. When someone from outside tried to open it, he always let it go. We even asked the GM about it and he told us, it was ok (he used it several times to get inside the fort and it always worked). Then the Player was hit, he let the door go, as he layed down with his deathrag. First Thing to appear, an MG, 2m infront of the Door, bursting full-auto inside the fort. Several times. When I was hit, i went outside and some reds were asking me for my Armband number, to repport it tho a GM. I gave them my number, telling them, we did all correctly, but they wanted to call a GM. But instead of waiting for the GM (who arrived 10 mInutes later) they decided to walk off... I think, if sb. wants to complain about something, its their right but they should be open for a respectfull discussion or at least wait for a GM to arrive, so we can sort everything our.

I can totally understand, that if there is a huge firefight around a fort, it will always come to some discussion and there will often be some People speaking angry. this could be eliminated, if there would be a way to clear the Fort when Holding the whole are around it (for example with a BAV-System). It will reduce many of the discussions.
B12 - GCT Border Police, Swiss-OPs
B13 - GCT Infantry, 3rd Platoon, Swiss-OPs
B14 - NAF Infantry, Echo 1, Swiss-OPs
B15 - UPIR Heavy Weapons and Demolition Unit, Swiss-OPs
B16 - NAF Infantry, Alpha-03, Swiss-OPs, Platoonleader
B17 - 110:th Special Investigation Unit, ACE MP
B18 - Cult Member