The role of a medic

Topics and things concerning this game.
LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 22 Feb 2007, 09:23

Good tip there, sounds like a basic but useful kit. Nothing that's hard to use (if you don't know how to use it, you can count on doing even more damage...), but enough to treat the small things (headache, small cuts) and the large things (squirt, squirt, squirt).

I myself will not be a medic, but will carry 1-3 first-aid-dressing-kits (Just a bit of clean gause and some cotton, to keep the pessure on a wound, or stabalize a sprained wrist/ankle (the swedish is great for this, trust me... ;)

I say this because I do hope that everyone else will carry one of these things, because when you fall on a stick... And there are plenty of sticks out there.

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 23 Feb 2007, 23:01

I don't intend to fall on some stupid stick. Have been outdoors running, fleeing and chasing many times (LARP) without any accidents. Once we even climbed a small rocky, slippy area in tyhe dark, just to flee from there. And everyone got out of there in one piece! =)

I want to play medic and will bring 1 personal first aid kit (swedish "första förband) an 10 more to apply to wounded, in-game and off-game. (managed to get over a load of them for cheap).

Did my consript service as a medic, so i know how to treat wounds of many forms. In fact my education in emergency treatment is better than the general nurse =)
And the daily care i know a bit off, we got a little education in that. And in hygiene i know enough to be authorized to inspect the field kitchens we had.

Not all to impressive really, but it's nifty anyway ^^

Majk
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Majk » 23 Feb 2007, 23:33

There will be roughly 1350+ people be running/crawling and walking in rough terrain, with our previous experience in mind we estimate that people will fall and hurt themselves seriously.

Therefore i suggest that everyone attending Berget V plan to have a fresh CPR education in your bagage along with sufficient medical equipment to stabilise an individual until medical staff arrives.
Chief of Security, Berget 13-16
Game Management, Berget 6-12
CO/Game Master SF, Berget 3 & 5
Recon for Gen. Crashek, Berget 4
CO Tjetcheny Rebels, Berget 2
Project Assistant, Berget 1

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 25 Feb 2007, 02:11

Ah, yeah. When handling the masses of 1200+ persons accidents tend to happen.

But on second notice:
Will the berget 5 crew supply with some more "sharp" first aid equipment to some/all of the persons playing as medics? (Presumed they have the proper education or something other equal to education.)

Hell_Viking
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Hell_Viking » 25 Feb 2007, 03:08

In military lingo for a bag to be a "skarp"\"live" medicpack you have to have morphine :wink:

But I would have been a pro., if the medics were supplied with more fielddressings and shit.
K638

"Speak trough action"

Eldoriath
Captain
Captain

Post by Eldoriath » 25 Feb 2007, 15:32

Ah, forgot the word. Maybe had a drink too much there last night ;)

When i referred to live equipment i mostly meant that the bag was meant to treat real injuries, not in-game injuries. A normal helicopter bag, just without the medicin. They are about normal size and stuffed with stuff but doesn't weight all that much. But they do have almost everything you might need to treat a injury, with some exceptions of course ;)

Hornet85

Post by Hornet85 » 25 Feb 2007, 23:09

igot abut 180h of military medical training il be having real stuf with me so i can fix most things that might hapen in this kind of game.

I will be in the MP pluton dont know what my tasks will be but if you get hurt in or around our place we can fix you :P