IMPORTANT: Changes to Chrono and Weapon classes

Information and discussion about the upcoming Berget 17
Windi^
Captain
Captain

Re: IMPORTANT: Changes to Chrono and Weapon classes

Post by Windi^ » 03 Apr 2019, 11:13

Ok, duly noted.

How about the DMR case? Majk message states that DMR must have full stock. So that statement sticks, or are you prepared to reconsider the retractable stock to be allowed?
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 03 Apr 2019, 11:30

Windi^ wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 11:13
Ok, duly noted.

How about the DMR case? Majk message states that DMR must have full stock. So that statement sticks, or are you prepared to reconsider the retractable stock to be allowed?
I´ll leave that up to Majk, he'll get back to you soon - As head of security he's in charge of all this :)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Arginj
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Arginj » 03 Apr 2019, 12:50

Questions regarding CO2 buffers on an HPA gun (specifically the Wolverine MTW with Wraith CO2 buffer): the regulator, which is in the buffer, is according to my knowledge not compatible with a tournament lock. However, would you accept a solution where you place tamper proof tape over the psi adjustment hole instead? That way you can see if anyone has been fiddling around with it after chrono.
B14: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B15: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B16: UPIR Mech (Eagle 2-3)
B17: GFM Mech (Romeo)
B18: ?

Arginj
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Arginj » 03 Apr 2019, 12:53

Windi^ wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 11:13
Ok, duly noted.

He wrote "Short barrels and compact buttstocks are for class 1 & 2. In this case I have to say no.", so my guess would be that a retractable M4 style stock would be allowed (but a completely retractable stock á la 416C or something else would not be allowed). But yeah, it's always good to get a verification. :)
B14: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B15: UPIR Mech (Loki)
B16: UPIR Mech (Eagle 2-3)
B17: GFM Mech (Romeo)
B18: ?

Smigel
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Smigel » 03 Apr 2019, 15:48

Arradin wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 18:59
Smigel wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 18:02
Arradin wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 10:09

These restrictions only applies to the PARA version of M249, not the full version of the M249.
We have vehicle mounted with M249 PARA, without stock (no need in turret), so is that restricted to Class 2 too?
Yes
LOL. I understand if we need longer barrel to our turret, but stock too in vehicle weapon?? Its mounted to vehicle TURRET...

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 03 Apr 2019, 20:18

Smigel wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 15:48
Arradin wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 18:59
Smigel wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 18:02

We have vehicle mounted with M249 PARA, without stock (no need in turret), so is that restricted to Class 2 too?
Yes
LOL. I understand if we need longer barrel to our turret, but stock too in vehicle weapon?? Its mounted to vehicle TURRET...
You asked about the Para. If you make it a longer barrel its not a para anymore...

Clarification, if you have a NON-Removable M249 with a full lenght barrel the stock is irrelevant.

M.Koho
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by M.Koho » 04 Apr 2019, 14:35

Sp 5.56 DMRs need to have full stock, does this apply to 7.62 DMRs also?

Personally I would make a total weight and length (in shortest configuration in case of length variable stock) limit.
Migog
Tiera Airsoft
B8: Poldavia
B9: The Firm/Zansia
B10: Zansia
B11: GCT - SFODU
B12: GCT - HVIU/Jonathan Goodwill
B13: GCT - Rangers
B14: NAF - RANCOM Janitor
B15: FINBAT - Recon Platoon
B16: UPIR - HQ/TOC
B17: GFM: Cobras

Majk
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Majk » 05 Apr 2019, 13:56

Class 4 (DMR)

From the rules. (these rules are old and have not been changed)

- For Class 4, 5 & 6 your gun must look like a sniper rifle with scope, no mp5/uzi/m4/ak47 etc with scope is allowed as sniper.

Basicly any AR with proper lock for semi will be allowed.
We will update the rules for Class 4 next year.
Last edited by Majk on 05 Apr 2019, 14:28, edited 5 times in total.
Chief of Security, Berget 13-16
Game Management, Berget 6-12
CO/Game Master SF, Berget 3 & 5
Recon for Gen. Crashek, Berget 4
CO Tjetcheny Rebels, Berget 2
Project Assistant, Berget 1

Majk
Berget Crew
Berget Crew

Post by Majk » 05 Apr 2019, 13:58

double post delete.
Chief of Security, Berget 13-16
Game Management, Berget 6-12
CO/Game Master SF, Berget 3 & 5
Recon for Gen. Crashek, Berget 4
CO Tjetcheny Rebels, Berget 2
Project Assistant, Berget 1

Viking#1
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Viking#1 » 05 Apr 2019, 20:01

So starting to get a bit confused, will a sniper have to be mounted with a bipod. Or is it okay if it doesn't have....!!!

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 05 Apr 2019, 21:12

Viking#1 wrote:
05 Apr 2019, 20:01
So starting to get a bit confused, will a sniper have to be mounted with a bipod. Or is it okay if it doesn't have....!!!
It needs to look and be built as a sniper, not something you run around with and shoot from the hip

V-22
Newbee
Newbee

Post by V-22 » 05 Apr 2019, 22:05

Arradin wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 09:11

I quote myself from earlier: For now this applies to the M249Para only because its the #1 weapon for Support gunners with an overwhelming margain, but this restriction will be added to more weapons in the future.

In Plain English: If people try to use specific weapon versions to get class(/Power) advantages in airsoft which cause injuries and incidents beyond one time situations, then we will restrict those weapons. We are talking 90% of all support gunners last game used The para, and when it cause a spike in incidents, we have to act on it.

Imagine if we would allow people to re-build a .50 cal Beretta sniper rifle to run around with it as an M4 but with Class 6 Power, would you feel safe?

While i understand the need to limit certain weapon types to a class, players don't get to see the number of incidents that is caused by a weapon type. The M249 Para is probably the most used LMG, but as much as 90%? I really cant remember seeing that many when i walked around last year(I use a CA M249 Para myself).

The platform may have casued incidents, but there could be a number of factors : example joule and safety distance. Was it caused mostly by HPA or AEG.

I personally only had 1 incident last year where a Sniper shot me in the lip from 22M away. The guys excuse was that he thought it was 30M+ .
I don't have a problem with measuring distances but i also carry a rangefinder with me if im not sure.
I believe the most incident comes from players not really knowing their distances and sometimes not even caring if they injure others.
Everyone should know and respect the rules.

I used my CA M249 Para AEG last year and will return with the same gun this year. I use it on the lowest class in Norway for 0M safety distance(350 fps), but i change the spring at Berget to get closer to the highest limit allowed. I fully know what damage my gun can do with the lower limits in Norway wich is why im more careful with the higher limits at Berget.

I fully support the changes as long as there is a good reason for it. The fps limits is higher and safety distances lower in Sweden, but i would like there to be more random checks by the refs during the game. The M249 does have a quick change spring system and it might be too late to check the player when he gets back to base. Random checks of HPA weapons in the field should also be increased if possible.
B16 - NAF Foxtrot Company Infantry
B17 - TFC Alfa Company Infantry

Panzergraf
Major
Major

Post by Panzergraf » 07 May 2019, 17:16

I welcome the new limit on rate of fire :)
Overall good changes to the weapon classes.
Veteran of 12 Berget Games
B6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
B18 - Red Mech

Walking is for plebs.

Wandall
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Wandall » 23 May 2019, 11:10

If the .20 bb Chroning is finally over, then what shall be used? Please tell me each players own bb's that they'll play with? And that the chrono staff are qualified to what they're doing?

Thanks and cheers! :)
"One shot, One kill." "First to aid, last to die."

hvitsten
Newbee
Newbee

Post by hvitsten » 24 May 2019, 19:50

M.Koho wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 14:35
Sp 5.56 DMRs need to have full stock, does this apply to 7.62 DMRs also?

Personally I would make a total weight and length (in shortest configuration in case of length variable stock) limit.
This is a good question that i am curious about as well. I know that it does not matter this year since we are following the "old" rules for DMR, but i am curious about the toughts for next year. One of the guys on my team brings a DMR, it as a HK417 which is a 7.62 but with, as it originally is, a 12 inch barrel and collapsible stock(never seen 417 with complete stock). Will this probably be ok for later years, or could it be that this would not be accepted as a DMR in later years?

The picture is from the Norwegian "Marinejegerkommandoen" which is part of the Norwegian special forces.
This picture is from https://devtsix.com/berserkir-mechanize ... -s120.html.

Another 7.62 DMR thats popular with both Norwegian, and som other kits, is the HK AG3 which also was used with a collapsible stock.
This picture is from https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/The ... 94/&page=3.
Team S.R.O.G
-----‐----------------
B13:Hades Police - Mechanized: top gunner
B14:NAF - Mechanized: top gunner
B15:Mercenaries - Mechanized: top gunner
B16:NAF - Mechanized: Engineer
B17:TFC - Mechanized: Driver
B18:GCT - Mechanized: Driver