Questions Regarding The Cult of Crows

Discussions, Suggestions and Questions about upcoming Berget 18, June 2022
Pastorn
Newbee
Newbee

Questions Regarding The Cult of Crows

Post by Pastorn » 17 Nov 2019, 21:08

I have a few questions regarding the Cult of Crows.

Is there any information about their religion? What do they believe in? What is special about their culture and religion? Since they have monk robes and crosses I assume it´s some form of Christianity.

How long have they been isolated from civilization? What is their take on modern technology?

The description for cult fanatic says "Game style: LARP/action". Will that LARP be mainly within the group or will they have LARP-interaction with the other factions?

Will the Cult have any non-combat roles, such as lawyers or traders?

Is the group meant to be religious in a comic relief kind of way or a scary kind of way?
Last edited by Pastorn on 18 Nov 2019, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: Questions Regardin The Cult of Crows

Post by Arradin » 18 Nov 2019, 13:12

Hello,

Great questions, i´ll try to answer them below!
Pastorn wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 21:08
Is there any information about their religion? What do they believe in? What is special about their culture and religion? Since they have monk robes and crosses I assume it´s some form of Christianity.
Details about this is left out on purpose. Storywise, people outside of the Cult has Little to no knowlage about them, they are very aggressive and very few people have left the cult.. or atleast lived to tell the tale. More information about this will come in Cult Subforum once they open.
Gamewise, they are extremely violent and ruthless fanatics unless left alone. There will be a ton of details to be discovered for those outside of the cult.

I want to make it very clear that we do not name the religion on purpose. We want to make sure that people understand that this is a game without ties to any real World events or organizations. Yes, the cults are based on Christianity with Monk robes and a Church, the symbol will be a cross etc - But we do NOT say that they are christians anywhere. It's their own made up religion - as im sure most people can understand religion is a very delicate topic, and we want this to be completely drama free and hope that any religious players understand that there is no Real Life reference involved in the story or gameplay

Pastorn wrote:
How long have they been isolated from civilization? What is their take on modern technology?
From the story:
"They are an extremely religious group of people who have disconnected themselves from modern society and live their own simple agriculture life in an area deep within the forest."
They are not Amish, they have electricity but they are without modern infrastructure.
Pastorn wrote:
The description for cult fanatic says "Game style: LARP/action". Will that LARP be mainly within the group or will they have LARP-interaction with the other factions?
For Berget 18, there will be no pure larp roles. We will not be able to maintain the high level of details and missions required by a LARP team, so this time its 100% Action. The LARP in this sense is that the team has larp elements such as Holy Water and holy shrine , aswell as the fact that it takes some roleplaying to play as a religious fanatic. Larp Always take Place between players at berget, but there will be no specific LARP events created by Berget Events this time around.
Pastorn wrote:
Will the Cult have any non-combat roles, such as lawyers or traders?
No, See above. Players can play however they want, but it will not be maintained by Berget Events for this game - Berget 18 is focused on 100% Action.
Pastorn wrote:
Is the group meant to be religious in a comic relief kind of way or a scary kind of way?
This question i dont fully understand, can you please elaborate?
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

Pastorn
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Pastorn » 18 Nov 2019, 19:04

Hi

Thanks for your answers.
I'll try to rephrase my last question.
In what way is it intended that the other teams perceive the religiuos part of the cult?
Will they be the creepy scary guys that to wierd horror movie stuff out in the forest?
Will they exhibit a behavior corresponding to stereotypes of religious fighters from the real world?
Like what is it that the cult does which will differ them from a non-religious group, seen from the perspective of the GCT and FM?

New question:
Will it be possible to swith between cult fanatic and cult member after bying the ticket?

Dutchman
Private
Private

Re: Questions Regarding The Cult of Crows

Post by Dutchman » 20 Nov 2019, 09:44

I propose you guys watch 'Queen of the south'. That Bolivian drug lord who made a whole Christian based religion around cocaine would be a good example of what they mean, I guess.
Or play Ghost Recon Wildlands, where the bad guy did a similar thing.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 20 Nov 2019, 12:59

Pastorn wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 19:04
Hi

Thanks for your answers.
I'll try to rephrase my last question.
In what way is it intended that the other teams perceive the religiuos part of the cult?
Will they be the creepy scary guys that to wierd horror movie stuff out in the forest?
Will they exhibit a behavior corresponding to stereotypes of religious fighters from the real world?
Like what is it that the cult does which will differ them from a non-religious group, seen from the perspective of the GCT and FM?

New question:
Will it be possible to swith between cult fanatic and cult member after bying the ticket?
Again, we try to avoid real World references - but they will be seen as hostile and ruthless, so its not the "horror" type, more the pure dangerous type.

What differs them from other teams? They are able to have huge amounts of Active players in a confined area due to instant respawn and self heal, will feel like an neverending stream of enemies for red/blue.

It is possible to switch between fanatic and member if there are slots open for the team. Fanatics have very limited number of spots, and we expect both yellow units to sell out very quickly.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 20 Nov 2019, 12:59

Dutchman wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 09:44
I propose you guys watch 'Queen of the south'. That Bolivian drug lord who made a whole Christian based religion around cocaine would be a good example of what they mean, I guess.
Or play Ghost Recon Wildlands, where the bad guy did a similar thing.
Ghost Recon:Wildlands is actually one of the inspirations for this. :)

Pastorn
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Pastorn » 20 Nov 2019, 21:23

Thank you for your answers. I will look closer at Wildlands.

Pastorn
Newbee
Newbee

Post by Pastorn » 21 Nov 2019, 17:45

One more question :)

Do the the cult have to wear balaclava/facepaint all the time? When it's hot and sweaty the balaclava makes the glasses fog up.

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 21 Nov 2019, 19:58

Pastorn wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 17:45
One more question :)

Do the the cult have to wear balaclava/facepaint all the time? When it's hot and sweaty the balaclava makes the glasses fog up.
Oh, No no, those are for special missions and events :) Part of the LARP

ArcticWarfighter
Private
Private

Post by ArcticWarfighter » 07 Dec 2019, 14:48

Uniform types: Black Clothes, PMC Style clothing (half army half civilian)

Does that mean you can use other colors outside of black?
Or does it mean everything have to be black, but half army/half civilian.

I'm guessing like previous years you can run chest rigs/plate carriers etc in other camo?
B16 - NAF Infantry - Foxtrot 2.2 Team Leader
B17 - TFC Rangers

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 07 Dec 2019, 15:54

ArcticWarfighter wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 14:48
Uniform types: Black Clothes, PMC Style clothing (half army half civilian)

Does that mean you can use other colors outside of black?
Or does it mean everything have to be black, but half army/half civilian.

I'm guessing like previous years you can run chest rigs/plate carriers etc in other camo?
You have to be black as main camo OR have a Main camo that is half military and half civilian.
You can not have full camo of any normal military camo.
Chest rigs/Plate Carriers are excluded from camo rules

Does that answer your question? :)

ArcticWarfighter
Private
Private

Post by ArcticWarfighter » 07 Dec 2019, 17:35

Arradin wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 15:54
You have to be black as main camo OR have a Main camo that is half military and half civilian.

I'm sure my brain is just taking a serious dirt nap, but more or less. :P

So by half civ, half military, does that just mean I can wear say "Insert random camo from either blufor or redfor" as say a jacket, and then wear khaki bdu pants, that would be within the scope of that?
Or is it simply mix and match top and bottom colors as long as it's a flat color that can't be recognized as a blufor/redfor personnel?

I feel I'm going to need a shortbus after this :tank:
B17 - TFC Rangers

Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Post by Arradin » 07 Dec 2019, 18:23

ArcticWarfighter wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 17:35
Arradin wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 15:54

I'm sure my brain is just taking a serious dirt nap, but more or less. :P

So by half civ, half military, does that just mean I can wear say "Insert random camo from either blufor or redfor" as say a jacket, and then wear khaki bdu pants, that would be within the scope of that?
Or is it simply mix and match top and bottom colors as long as it's a flat color that can't be recognized as a blufor/redfor personnel?

I feel I'm going to need a shortbus after this :tank:
You're on the right track.

Any Camo legs with a civilian jacket is fine and considered PMC.
" Or is it simply mix and match top and bottom colors as long as it's a flat color that can't be recognized as a blufor/redfor personnel? "
This is pretty much spot on! You need to be clearly different from red or blue players.

ArcticWarfighter
Private
Private

Post by ArcticWarfighter » 08 Dec 2019, 05:47

Perfect.
That all makes perfect sense. I just got really locked in on the first sentence of the color/camo on team page.
Thanks!
B17 - TFC Rangers

pandairsoft
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by pandairsoft » 15 Dec 2019, 19:03

Arradin, Another question about camo's. Red has OD. What if i wear OD pants with a for example flecktarn top?
BXIV: UPIR Senior staff memeber
BXV: UPIR Senior staff member
BXVI: NAF Senior staff member
BXVII: GFM Taxi guy