What the hell is up with these spambots?

Feel free to talk about things regarding airsoft.
Mercy
Corporal
Corporal

What the hell is up with these spambots?

Post by Mercy » 25 Mar 2007, 11:14

They're annoying!

But I guess there is nothing you can do, unless you put up a humanity test on the registration...

I.e. a picture with letters that a computer can't read, and instructions which tells you to write whatever is in that picture in an inputbox beside it. I know you know what I'm talking about. Will atleast keep the registration bots away...

- Mercy
Team Bulletproof Secretary

3:e Pluton - Bas.S?k [Charlie-Sierra] 2:2

LoomChild

Post by LoomChild » 26 Mar 2007, 09:00

Well, they are irritating. But luckily there's not too many of them (or the mods are REALY efficient), so I'll live with it for now.

Although, there's not THAT hard to do a...a...whatever the "humanity test" was called now again. Either at login (and then just keep logged in) or at a message post (don't remember if "anonymous" can post).

timpa
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin

Re: What the hell is up with these spambots?

Post by timpa » 26 Mar 2007, 12:28

Mercy wrote:They're annoying!

But I guess there is nothing you can do, unless you put up a humanity test on the registration...

I.e. a picture with letters that a computer can't read, and instructions which tells you to write whatever is in that picture in an inputbox beside it. I know you know what I'm talking about. Will atleast keep the registration bots away...

- Mercy
There is a humanity-test at registration, the bots are manually registred by humans then left alone to spam freely.

whiskey

Re: What the hell is up with these spambots?

Post by whiskey » 26 Mar 2007, 13:45

timpa wrote: There is a humanity-test at registration, the bots are manually registred by humans then left alone to spam freely.
possible solution is to disable registration. the only registered people are those registered for the event. you registration Id is your password for the forum. unregistered have read-only access. this is how we do it for our events. as simple as that.