Dear Berget participants, friends & crewmembers.
We have have made the difficult decision to postpone Berget 18 in consideration of the ongoing outbreak of the COVID-19 virus. We have never canceled/postponed an event before, and this decision has not come easy. But in this case there are exceptional circumstances that we feel are out of our control.
The Swedish Government has according to the Ordinance Act (Chapter 2, Section 15) decided to prohibit public gatherings and public events to counteract any further spread of the epidemic. The ban is announced in a regulation.
The regulation means that, from Thursday the 12th of March 2020 and until further notice, throughout the whole of Sweden, any organization of public gatherings and public events with more than 500 participants will be prohibited.
The government will continuously review the need for the regulation and it will be lifted when the ban is no longer needed. Here is a copy:
https://svenskforfattningssamling.se/si ... 20-114.pdf
It is currently not possible to know if the ban will still be in effect in June, but we believe the risk is high. Under these conditions we are not sure that we can deliver a high quality event should the ban be lifted close to the event.
It is also an uncertainty for our participants, partners and subcontractors not to know when to book or cancel the trip to the event. We have therefore chosen at this early stage to postpone the event until summer 2021.
More details will follow soon.
// Berget Crew
Discussions, Suggestions and Questions about upcoming Berget 18
1 post • Page 1 of 1