Refunds for the event?

Discussions, Suggestions and Questions about upcoming Berget 18
NightSinner
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 97
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 18:13
Location: Behind you

Refunds for the event?

Post by NightSinner » 26 Mar 2020, 22:15

So the event is now cancelled or postponed or whatever you want to call it, but bottom line it's not happening this year.

So what is Beeget planning to do about refunding tickets? As always you promised some info about this a few weeks ago, and yet nothing came out, can't say I'm surprised really.

Soooooo what's the dealio? You guys blowing the money on hookers and coke?


**Countdown to my post/ thread getting deleted by Arradin cause he cant answer in 3..2.....1**
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - Ranger FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger B1.1 - Warriors of CP2
B17 - TFC - Ranger (Not a Goat Herder)
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

Clarkson034k
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 21
Joined: 30 Oct 2015, 10:44

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Clarkson034k » 26 Mar 2020, 22:19

Hello
I think few people would like know the plan of action.
Its been few weeks and we heard nothing.

Given the interesting situation the world seems be thrown in an offer of a refund for those that request it, as im sure some people might be having a cash flow problem Would be appreciated.
B14-NAF- Ranger
B15-NAF- Ranger/Rogue troop commander
B16-NAF- Ranger coy commander
B17-TFC- Mountaineer/Recon. Ranger coy commander
B18-TFC- Special Forces commander

Seabass
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Jun 2017, 23:28

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Seabass » 27 Mar 2020, 08:54

Absolutely agree. Everyone with a paid ticket should at least get the option of a refund rather than holding onto a ticket for 2021. A refund offer is perpectly fair and reasonable.
B17 - NAF - Ranger
B16 - NAF - Ranger
Member of milsim impressionist team First Entry Unit.
www.facebook.com/FirstEntryUnit

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 773
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Arradin » 28 Mar 2020, 11:11

It's being worked on, and the info will be released as soon as everything is ready to go.

I wouldnt be worried, but i poked management for an update for you guys
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

NightSinner
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 97
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 18:13
Location: Behind you

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by NightSinner » 28 Mar 2020, 23:13

Arradin wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 11:11
It's being worked on, and the info will be released as soon as everything is ready to go.

I wouldnt be worried, but i poked management for an update for you guys
Thanks for "poking" them Arradin, but since Berget announced it was postponed 15 days ago and since then there has been no communication (very poor) might I suggest you use a sharpened stick?
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - Ranger FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger B1.1 - Warriors of CP2
B17 - TFC - Ranger (Not a Goat Herder)
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 773
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Arradin » 29 Mar 2020, 13:57

I´ll try to get an update Berget-Soon :)
Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

User avatar
Arradin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Berget Crew & Site Admin
Posts: 773
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 16:06
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Arradin » 29 Mar 2020, 16:01

Please send ticket & payment questions to:

payment@berget-events.com

User avatar
Windi^
Captain
Captain
Posts: 390
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:46
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Windi^ » 29 Mar 2020, 16:20

No, this will not do. You opted to go down the worst way possible. I can't possible know if I can make it 2021 to BE, or even if I'm interested to go anymore. You opted to go down the path that you give all the monetary risk to the customer. Not even an option to take a refund. This is you giving middle finger to us players. You claim that we can sell the ticket second hand. To whom? To one of the 1500 ticket holders for 2021? Come on!

You say it's not canceled, only because your own rules state that if the even is canceled, you are giving refunds. What a convenient way to just "postpone" the event, so you can go around your own rule.

You are also about the only organization to --- SPAM !!! --- with the customers. For example BW (border war) gave an option to get a refund, or keep the ticket to the postponed event. Hell, even our flight companies, boat companies, travel agencies, cabin/cottage renters gave refunds due to the situation not safe to travel. But not BE, since BE gives a rats ass about their customers. I despise you, I really do.

Let's see if I can find a feasible Swedish authority to contact and see what they have to say about this.

You decision made me and many people I know not to ever consider you as an event organizer again. Nice job!
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Clarkson034k
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 21
Joined: 30 Oct 2015, 10:44

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Clarkson034k » 29 Mar 2020, 16:56

I must say that this has come as quite a surprise to some and maybe not many.

You should really offer the option of a refund.
Players have booked for an annual event taking place in 2020 which is now not taking place.

Im sure many will be happy for you to retain thier money but there will also be many that are in financial difficulty or not able attend next years game. So an option should be in place for them.
This seems to be coming from the attitude of not caring of your core veteran group.
B14-NAF- Ranger
B15-NAF- Ranger/Rogue troop commander
B16-NAF- Ranger coy commander
B17-TFC- Mountaineer/Recon. Ranger coy commander
B18-TFC- Special Forces commander

Iprenen
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 May 2012, 16:28

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Iprenen » 29 Mar 2020, 17:07

I am surprised on how Berget Crew think that this is within their choosing?

From the terms of agreement when signing up for a ticket:

"1.4
Berget-Events do not give refunds on tickets. If you due to unforeseen circumstances cannot attend the event, all sales will be done by the owner of the ticket. Should a Berget event be cancelled all ticket holders will be refunded after a preparation fee have been deducted. Therefore the fee can be slightly lower than the initial price."

Now we check the swedish law for event tickets: https://www.hallakonsument.se/tips-for- ... biljetter/ and https://www.hallakonsument.se/corona-di ... evenemang/

To postpone a game for one YEAR is the legal equivalent as canceling the event according to swedish law.

That means that Berget Crew needs to abide to the swedish law and provide each and everyone with a refund minus the administrative fee (which by the way should be communicated clearly according to marketing laws in sweden so you'll fail that one aswell in the court).

That is also the first point in 1.1 where everyone needs to abide by swedish law. I recommend that Berget Crew starts doing it themself.
Last edited by Iprenen on 29 Mar 2020, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

NightSinner
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 97
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 18:13
Location: Behind you

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by NightSinner » 29 Mar 2020, 17:13

Windi^ wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 16:20
No, this will not do. You opted to go down the worst way possible. I can't possible know if I can make it 2021 to BE, or even if I'm interested to go anymore. You opted to go down the path that you give all the monetary risk to the customer. Not even an option to take a refund. This is you giving middle finger to us players. You claim that we can sell the ticket second hand. To whom? To one of the 1500 ticket holders for 2021? Come on!

You say it's not canceled, only because your own rules state that if the even is canceled, you are giving refunds. What a convenient way to just "postpone" the event, so you can go around your own rule.

You are also about the only organization to --- SPAM !!! --- with the customers. For example BW (border war) gave an option to get a refund, or keep the ticket to the postponed event. Hell, even our flight companies, boat companies, travel agencies, cabin/cottage renters gave refunds due to the situation not safe to travel. But not BE, since BE gives a rats ass about their customers. I despise you, I really do.

Let's see if I can find a feasible Swedish authority to contact and see what they have to say about this.

You decision made me and many people I know not to ever consider you as an event organizer again. Nice job!

Totally agree, that’s utter BS and illegal
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - Ranger FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger B1.1 - Warriors of CP2
B17 - TFC - Ranger (Not a Goat Herder)
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

User avatar
Windi^
Captain
Captain
Posts: 390
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:46
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Windi^ » 29 Mar 2020, 18:02

This is just another accomplishment by BE how they fail to handle any difficult situation. How this should have gone:

Option A:
You volunteer to move your ticket to 2021

Option B:
You take a refund, minus the administrative fee

With option B, BE would have got some money anyway, and that is not the issue. For example, 139e ticket, I get refund 100e. So BE gets 39e for every refund ticket. Fine by me.

Next, 2021, they sell new tickets as usual, only option A people has their ticket already. I, as an option B person, might consider coming to BE 2021. They could raise the ticket price to let's say 159e, based on the losses in year 2020. Seems feasible by me. I would pay it.

Total:
All the money from option A
All the 39e admin fee from option B
Sell new tickets with 159e price in 2021
Some option B people would come

Better finance for BE, ability to choose for the players.


But nooooooo...
Iprenen wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 17:07
I am surprised on how Berget Crew think that this is within their choosing?

From the terms of agreement when signing up for a ticket:

"1.4
Berget-Events do not give refunds on tickets. If you due to unforeseen circumstances cannot attend the event, all sales will be done by the owner of the ticket. Should a Berget event be cancelled all ticket holders will be refunded after a preparation fee have been deducted. Therefore the fee can be slightly lower than the initial price."

Now we check the swedish law for event tickets: https://www.hallakonsument.se/tips-for- ... biljetter/ and https://www.hallakonsument.se/corona-di ... evenemang/

To postpone a game for one YEAR is the legal equivalent as canceling the event according to swedish law.

That means that Berget Crew needs to abide to the swedish law and provide each and everyone with a refund minus the administrative fee (which by the way should be communicated clearly according to marketing laws in sweden so you'll fail that one aswell in the court).

That is also the first point in 1.1 where everyone needs to abide by swedish law. I recommend that Berget Crew starts doing it themself.
Might you point the correct authority in Sweden to contact about this? Some customer rights authority or something?
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

Iprenen
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 7
Joined: 10 May 2012, 16:28

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Iprenen » 29 Mar 2020, 18:32

[quote=Windi^ post_id=79067 time=1585497765 user_id=704]

[quote=Iprenen post_id=79065 time=1585494466 user_id=11838]
I am surprised on how Berget Crew think that this is within their choosing?

From the terms of agreement when signing up for a ticket:

"1.4
Berget-Events do not give refunds on tickets. If you due to unforeseen circumstances cannot attend the event, all sales will be done by the owner of the ticket. Should a Berget event be cancelled all ticket holders will be refunded after a preparation fee have been deducted. Therefore the fee can be slightly lower than the initial price."

Now we check the swedish law for event tickets: https://www.hallakonsument.se/tips-for- ... biljetter/ and https://www.hallakonsument.se/corona-di ... evenemang/

To postpone a game for one YEAR is the legal equivalent as canceling the event according to swedish law.

That means that Berget Crew needs to abide to the swedish law and provide each and everyone with a refund minus the administrative fee (which by the way should be communicated clearly according to marketing laws in sweden so you'll fail that one aswell in the court).

That is also the first point in 1.1 where everyone needs to abide by swedish law. I recommend that Berget Crew starts doing it themself.
[/quote]

Might you point the correct authority in Sweden to contact about this? Some customer rights authority or something?
[/quote]

Just follow the links, it goes to the Swedish "Konsumentrådgivaren" which handles these matters. Unsure if they take the cases if you're not a swedish citizen however but try!

User avatar
Windi^
Captain
Captain
Posts: 390
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:46
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Windi^ » 29 Mar 2020, 18:42

I will, and I urge to everyone else to do so also. BE is braking the Swedish law what I undestood. This just shows a complete disregard to the law, to the customers, to the community and the players.

BE, you have the time now to fix you statement and start offering the option for refunds and make this right. If not, the other way might end up even worse for you.

Covid sucks and life is tough, but you dug your own grave with your unbelievable decisions.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

pjdsousa
Newbee
Newbee
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Mar 2018, 06:56

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by pjdsousa » 30 Mar 2020, 09:49

Ask for refund of the money on your bank, they promised a event on 2020 no in 2021 so that is a brake of contract any bank companies will return the money.
Berget 16: Rangers
Berget 17: Montaniers
Berget 18: Rangers (Jaeger)

Locked