Refunds for the event?

Discussions, Suggestions and Questions about upcoming Berget 18
Zoidberg
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Refunds for the event?

Post by Zoidberg » 30 Mar 2020, 17:33

Berget, Give people their money back.
If people start going to their banks, or to ARN then you stand to lose a lot more than finances.
Bad rep kills more events than finances.
Aksel Schmidt

B7: Yori Orlovs Mercs 2, 2
B8: NAF 23th, FOX 5
B9: UN MP
B10: Poldavian Psy-ops
B11:
B12:
B13: Ikaros Hades
B14: Upir psy-ops
B15: Upir Lawyer
B16: NAF SIU
B17: TFC MP

Lesky

Post by Lesky » 30 Mar 2020, 19:29

Zoidberg wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 17:33
Berget, Give people their money back.
If people start going to their banks, or to ARN then you stand to lose a lot more than finances.
Bad rep kills more events than finances.
Well, I am not sure ARN will do anything more than perhaps give the customers the money back, and I am not even certain that will happen. It would be different if the event had been canceled completely and Berget kept the funds anyway, or took a 100 EURO service fee and ran with it.

As it stands now, with investment already done in this years canceled event, a full refund to customers would most likely mean Berget going bancrupt, meaning Berget would stop existing, and on top of that there would not be enough money to refund all customers. So that option would probably be an even worse solution, as it stands now the tickets still have value for re-sale next year or for those going to attend next year.

Its unfortunate, but I believe the other options would be even worse.

Finally, as much as bad-rep kills, its does not mean death like bancruptcy!

I am going to support Berget instead of starting a fight, I care more about the game returning than a re-fund at this point, I respect that others might have a different view.
Disclaimer: I'm not related to, nor do I know, the poster that composed this message known as "Lesky" though he appears to be a harmless, even friendly imposter, I just wanted to clarify were not one in the same, but rather separate unassociated souls

Switchback
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Switchback » 31 Mar 2020, 15:16

Regardless of the legality of berget not refunding the tickets, and any preexisting contracts with vendors etc, there's no guarantee that the game will even happen next year with the same scope.

They have (probably) already used a lot of the funds from this year to get prepared for the event. By allowing tickets to carry over to next year, they won't receive enough money to have as good a game as this year due to not making enough money on new ticket sales to cover the cost. Honestly I'd say next year's berget is going to be as basic as they can make it. They probably will have to do stuff like cut the meal plan all together. (Food services are expensive)

Depending on if I cant get my airline credit moved to be available for next year's event I will most likely be trying to do a credit card transaction dispute. But keep in mind if you do that you might get banned from Berget going forward.
B13: GCT 1st Infantry, Sappers and Engineers [Sierra 3]
B15: UPIR PsyOps
B16: NAF Mechanized [Golf 1]
B18-2020: Team Covid-19
B18-2021: Who knows.

NightSinner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by NightSinner » 07 Apr 2020, 11:36

I have sent an email demanding a refund today, seeing as moving a yearly event to the following year is the same as cancelling.

Should they fail to provide me with a refund I will take it further to ARN https://www.arn.se/om-arn/anmalan/(A government run complaint body to deal with cases as this) and ultimately my bank.

If Berget had handled this differently and not shown a total disregard for their customers it might have been different. Majority of other events have either offered a refund of the option to roll the ticket over to the following year, Berget decided to say F**k you and say we're keeping the money.

I have no idea if I can or want to attend next year and forcing me to attend just so they can try and sidestep what is the correct thing to do is pissing me off, as well as a clear breach of the contract I have made with them for this year.

Shame on you Berget!
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - Ranger FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger B1.1 - Warriors of CP2
B17 - TFC - Ranger (Not a Goat Herder)
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 07 Apr 2020, 12:12

I have already contacted ECC. And some of us also ARN. Wheels are in motion.

I know for a fact that BE is considering keepin "smaller" berget this summer, 2020, with the original schedule, but for less than 500persons (the Swedish government limitation at the moment). That is also BS. I didn't pay full event price for 500 person game. And who decide that who from 1500 ticket holders can come? And the situation with COVID-19 in Sweden is a lot more dire than for example in Finland at the moment, so hell no, I wouldn't travel there. I wouldn't travel there even if situation would get better is couple of months. With out proper vaccination we can easily start new epidemia. And also, as for now, Finnish borders are on lockdown...

But this for me is yet another proof of complete disregard of human well being, as well as a sad attempt to find another way to screw the customer/player over and keep the money.

I BE is to bankrupt because of this, well, then they have done a shitty job with the money and they shall bankrupt. I don't care. Maybe someone else will do a better job.
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3

NightSinner
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by NightSinner » 07 Apr 2020, 17:35

Windi^ wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 12:12
I have already contacted ECC. And some of us also ARN. Wheels are in motion.

I know for a fact that BE is considering keepin "smaller" berget this summer, 2020, with the original schedule, but for less than 500persons (the Swedish government limitation at the moment). That is also BS. I didn't pay full event price for 500 person game. And who decide that who from 1500 ticket holders can come? And the situation with COVID-19 in Sweden is a lot more dire than for example in Finland at the moment, so hell no, I wouldn't travel there. I wouldn't travel there even if situation would get better is couple of months. With out proper vaccination we can easily start new epidemia. And also, as for now, Finnish borders are on lockdown...

But this for me is yet another proof of complete disregard of human well being, as well as a sad attempt to find another way to screw the customer/player over and keep the money.

I BE is to bankrupt because of this, well, then they have done a shitty job with the money and they shall bankrupt. I don't care. Maybe someone else will do a better job.
The limit has been lowered to 50 people so doubt even a smaller Berget game would go ahead with that :D

But I agree, all they have shown is a total disregard for their customers and they have been for many years with how the ignore peoples emails and messages
B12 - GCT - 9th Rangers - Echo 3
B13 - GCT - Ranger - Support Officer
B14 - NAF - Ranger - Fox 2 - SL
B15 - NAF - Ranger FinBat Recon Wolverine 7 SL
B16 - NAF - Ranger B1.1 - Warriors of CP2
B17 - TFC - Ranger (Not a Goat Herder)
-----------------
Rangers Lead The Way

Windi^
Captain
Captain

Post by Windi^ » 07 Apr 2020, 17:59

NightSinner wrote:
07 Apr 2020, 17:35

The limit has been lowered to 50 people so doubt even a smaller Berget game would go ahead with that :D

But I agree, all they have shown is a total disregard for their customers and they have been for many years with how the ignore peoples emails and messages
Well then, propably the new idea is then to tell us that the tickets are also valid for B18 2020 50 person edition. No refunds!
B5, FFF Turku-2 Squad leader
B6, SRP Snake 1-0 Platoon leader
B7, SRP Bull 1-0 Platoon leader
B8, Civilian, 6mm merc
B9, UN, 6mm Company, 1st PLT leader
B10, Zanzia, Delta plt, Link officer
B12, Yuri Orlov Mercenaries
B14, NAF HQ Intel S2
B15, NAF HQ Intel S2
B16, UPIR HQ QRF
B17, GFM ODA3